Re: Timeout issue when associating projects to program (157 Views)
Visitor
appledumaua
Message 1 of 3 (198 Views)

Timeout issue when associating projects to program

Hi All -

I would like to ask for help regarding the timeout issue we are encountering when we associate a project to an existing program. Upon clicking Add Project button, the project look up is shown and after a while, an error is encountered: "Validation Query Timed Out".

We already increased the AUTO_COMPLETE_QUERY_TIMEOUT setting from 30 to 60. It was working for a while, but now the timeout issue is re-occurring.

Any help is appreciated! :)

Thank you.

Apple Dumaua

Valued Contributor
knsub
Message 2 of 3 (157 Views)

Re: Timeout issue when associating projects to program

Hello Apple,

Please check if the user that you are using, the one that is getting this error, has the "View all Projects" access grant.

Run the below query for two different users, one who has the "View all Projects" access grant , and the other who does not have this access grant.
select pm_utils.Has_Override_Access_Grant() from dual;

Lets see how long it takes for different users.

Thanks,

Subash

Visitor
appledumaua
Message 3 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: Timeout issue when associating projects to program

Hello -

Upon checking, not all users who are encountering the time out error only has the "View Projects" access grant.

My own id has both the "View Projects" and "View All Projects" access grant and I am also getting the timeout error.

Is there a way to limit the projects that users get when searching?

Thank you for your response.

Apple Dumaua

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.