Re: Table Component Updates (835 Views)
Regular Advisor
Message 1 of 32 (956 Views)

Table Component Updates

Hi,

we are on PPMC 8.0 version.

I am trying to update the values from Table component to other and the values are not getting refreshed untill i clear the cache through "sh kRunCacheManager.sh". Did any one had same issue in 8.0 version.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 32 (954 Views)

Re: Table Component Updates

Vamsee,

If you are making updates directly to the database, you are not seeing an issue, but how the product works.  PPM keeps a local cache of database information and if you make a change directly to the database, that cache needs to be cleared, hence the need to run kRunCacheManager.sh.

Jason

Regular Advisor
Message 3 of 32 (951 Views)

Hi

Is there any other option to avoid running cache manager every time.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Honored Contributor
Message 4 of 32 (948 Views)

Wait several hours for the system to update itself.
Respected Contributor
Message 5 of 32 (942 Views)

Vamsee,

Are you updating the values in the Table Component using some sql mechanism within the workflow? You can include additional command line to clear cache with option to clear Table Component cache. This was on page load after the execution step, the table component will show updated values.
Niraj P.
Regular Advisor
Message 6 of 32 (938 Views)

Hi,

I am updating the values from the back end through the function at on step.

Can you please provide me the steps to acheive this.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Respected Contributor
Message 7 of 32 (934 Views)

Vamsee,

Please do the configuration per attached screenshots,

Screenshot 1 shows how to define the execution step. The command to execute is sh kRunCacheManager.sh A, The option A refers to All. I do not remember on top of my head what is the option for Table Component but I think it is 10 or 11, you can verify that if you have access to the shell prompt by executing only sh kRunCacheManager.sh and it shows all the options and the description of what they do.

Screenshot 2 provides the information about defining the source environment where the clear cache command needs to be executed.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Niraj P.
Trusted Contributor
Message 8 of 32 (919 Views)

hi,

you can also change table component cache timeout parameter via cache.conf; in this way you dont need to run cachemanager.sh everytime

Regular Advisor
Message 9 of 32 (916 Views)

Hi,

Can you pleas let me know the parameter to be changed in Cache.conf.pre8.0.0 file.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Regular Advisor
Message 10 of 32 (885 Views)

Hi Niraj,

I have created execution step as you said. For some reason its getting failed. Attached is the screenshot of execution step.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Respected Contributor
Message 11 of 32 (878 Views)

Vamsee,

I see that you are using SOURCE_ENV="[AS.PPM_TEST]"

Please use this : SOURCE_ENV="[AS.SERVER_ENV_NAME]" & on the properties of the execution step mention PPM_TEST as your source environment.

Refer to Vamsee_2.JPG attachment from my previous posting
Niraj P.
Honored Contributor
Message 12 of 32 (877 Views)

We use the following command to clear a cache. It does not require an ssh connection so it is much quicker. Also, we try to clear just the caches that hold data we have modified. The command is:

ksc_local_exec sh "cd bin;./kRunCacheManager.sh [CACHE_ID]"

The cache that holds table entries is the Table Field Entries cache. In 9.14, this is cache id 8. The cache ids can and do change with versions so check the value for the version you are running.

Regular Advisor
Message 13 of 32 (872 Views)

Hi Nirj,

Still it does not work.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Respected Contributor
Message 14 of 32 (869 Views)

Vamsee,
Can you please provide me with the error log, screenshot of the execution step source and the workflow step properties? Do you have this execution set as immediate?
Niraj P.
Regular Advisor
Message 15 of 32 (868 Views)

HiNiraj,

Attached is the screenshot.  I have set the execution o immediate.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Respected Contributor
Message 16 of 32 (864 Views)

Vamsee,
Do you have error log when this execution step is getting executed? I am interested to see if the folder structure is different for your bin folder.
Also, can you VERIFY the environment PPM_TEST. This execution step picks up the environment definition to login to the server before executing the sh command. Share the screenshot if it is failing.
Niraj P.
Regular Advisor
Message 17 of 32 (861 Views)

I am not getting any error log and i did verify PPM_TEST its working fine.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Respected Contributor
Message 18 of 32 (859 Views)

Vamsee,
Are you saying that the execution step is failing with no error? What do you mean when you say it is not working?

Share the graphical view and request status to help me understand if the request is stuck at this execution step.
Niraj P.
Honored Contributor
Message 19 of 32 (858 Views)

Try removing the spaces around the = on the ksc_connect_source_server command:

ksc_connect_source_server SOURCE_ENV="KINTANA_SERVER"

Also, specify a path for the script in case the current working directory is not in the path variable:

sh ./kRunCacheManager.sh A

Regular Advisor
Message 20 of 32 (852 Views)

Hi Niraj,

I checked in the log it says that Refused to connect. Attached is the log file error message.

And when try to use the command  ksc_local_exec "cd bin;sh ./kRunCacheManager.sh A" itsthrowing an error "cannot find the file specified". Attached is log.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Honored Contributor
Message 21 of 32 (838 Views)

The error message in the log is:

Cannot run program "sh": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

If the sh command cannot be found, there are some serious basic configuration problems in your environment. Try executing the following command before this commands to see what the PATH variable contains and what the default working directory is:

ksc_local_exec echo $PATH

ksc_local_exec pwd

The connection refused messages appear to be related to the smtp server, probably for sending notifications. They should not be related to the problems with executing these commands.

Respected Contributor
Message 22 of 32 (835 Views)

Vamsee,

Can you share the screenshot of the sh kCacheManager.sh A command execution from your shell prompt? You have mentioned in this posting that you have to do that each time the table component is updated. I would like to see how you do that? the screeshot should help us see the directory that you go to. Also execute pwd before executing the sh kRunCacheManager.sh command.
Niraj P.
Regular Advisor
Message 23 of 32 (824 Views)

Hi Niraj,

I have attached the screenshot of cachemanager and also the log after i modified the Cleae Cache execution step attached the same. Please let me know your mail id i can mail you the details needed further.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Honored Contributor
Message 24 of 32 (812 Views)

Often you can avoid the stale cache issues by including values for LAST_UPDATE_DATE AND LAST_UPDATED_BY on whatever entities you are updating. It's been a while since I've worked with table components, but you might try updating these values for kcrt_table_entries and also kcrt_request_details and kcrt_requests for that same request_id. Usually, that forces a refresh of the request in the front end without having to run the cache manager shell script...

Regular Advisor
Message 25 of 32 (792 Views)

Hi,

Updating kcrt_table_entries table did not work.

I have included all the tables as suggested in the function but it did not work.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.