Re: Sorting Project Timeline Report (357 Views)
Occasional Contributor
rgonsatx
Message 1 of 5 (388 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sorting Project Timeline Report

Hi All,

I'm currently looking to modify a report/portlet named "Project Timelines"  sorting by project end date. How would i be able to acheive this? Is it in a query on the database or modifying some of the jsp code? I've done some browsing around locating multiple .class .java files but unsure which files to focus on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

HP Expert
randull
Message 2 of 5 (368 Views)

Re: Sorting Project Timeline Report

Hi,

You can create a new report type from the workbench. you have to go to the configuration and report types, there you can create your new report.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Occasional Contributor
rgonsatx
Message 3 of 5 (363 Views)

Hi Randull,

Thanks for your reply, sorry i'm a bit new to PPM. I've gotten to the report type creation but is there a way for me to import everything that is currently on the Project Timeline Portlet and modify how it is sorted?

Occasional Contributor
rgonsatx
Message 4 of 5 (359 Views)

My Mistake, after further clarification this is a portlet that is added to the dash board called project timelines. I'm able to locate it by trying to edit the portlet definition but I dont see any options for sorting. Is there a way i could get into the datasource to make this modifcation? However when i look in the datasource through work bench, i'm unable to find the datasource attached to this particular portlet. Do you know where i might find it?

HP Expert
randull
Message 5 of 5 (357 Views)

rgonsatx,

If it is not a java report you can copy it and modify it to meet your requirements. You should be able to do it from the same place where you can create a new one.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.