Restrict Requests (357 Views)
Regular Advisor
Message 1 of 4 (357 Views)
Accepted Solution

Restrict Requests

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can anyone let me know how can I restrict a particular Request based on the OOTB Region field available on the Request form.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (322 Views)

Re: Restrict Requests

Hello, Vamsee,

do you have an organizational structure implemented, where all users pertaining to a specific region are part of a OU (or child OU) that is clearly identified with the region? If this is the case, then you have to simply create a security group based on the top level OU, including its children, and then populate a hidden field in the request based on the region field with the security group name. In this approach, you have to set up the request type user access based on the hidden field.

If the above is not the case for you, then a custom mapping should be implemented, but it will eventually end up in the same hidden field approach.

let me know if the above helps.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Regular Advisor
Message 3 of 4 (316 Views)

Hi Alex,

Definatel it helps a lot.

We do have Og units setup but we never used "Region" Field. Can you please let me know the steps clearly to follow.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Honored Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (306 Views)

Hello, Vamsee,

the steps are pretty clearly explained in my previous post.

I would suggest to start implementing and let us know if you face any issues.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.