Question about HP PPM licenses (470 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Danielc2013
Message 1 of 4 (470 Views)
Accepted Solution

Question about HP PPM licenses

Hello,

I have a license from HP PPM version 9.10 and would like to know if it is for the older version, 7.5?

Will install the 7.5 just for testing.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jim Esler
Message 2 of 4 (455 Views)

Re: Question about HP PPM licenses

I believe we were able to upgrade from 7.5 to 9.1 without getting new license files but that was a couple of years ago.

Keep in mind that you will need different versions of Java and Oracle to support these two versions. That is a bit tricky to do concurrently on a single server and licenses are tied to a specific IP address. You could try to run 7.5 with current versions of these products but that was never tested. We had issues with Java and Oracle compatibility when doing our upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Danielc2013
Message 3 of 4 (442 Views)

I could not install the 9.10, was giving java error, do not know what the correct version of java for 9.10, so I decided to install the same 7.5.

Tomorrow I will try to install with this license I have the same.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Thom_261
Message 4 of 4 (44 Views)

Hi, I got a question about licenses...

At the moment We use HP PPM 8.04 and the project is thinking the possibility to install a new version of HP PPM (9.22)  but They don't want use the upgrade option ... They want  a clear installation ... so  my question is .... they need buy licenses to install the new version or they can use the licences of HP PPM 8.04.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation