Re: Importing Requests from XML Files (267 Views)
Trusted Contributor
d4y4n4
Message 1 of 6 (758 Views)

Importing Requests from XML Files

With PPM Center version 9.12 and above,  this new feature is implemented for importing requests from XML files as well as exporting requests to XML files.

This solution allows you to produce XML files electronically, helping you to complete any processes that may require requests in XML version.

With this feature, you will be able to perform the following tasks:
Importing Requests from XML Files
Exporting Requests to XML Files
Exporting Requests by Running the Special Command

For more details you can check the release note starting on page 280 http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1355991

Regards,

Dayana Campos

Advisor
Frankie_Kings
Message 2 of 6 (612 Views)

Re: Importing Requests from XML Files

Hello Dayana ....this is Frank from the forum and I hope it is ok that I reply to your message on the Importing Requests from XML files. We recently upgraded to 9.14.004 and I have worked with the new import feature and have some questions.

Previous to 9.14,  We had been using the PPM XML Importer 'plug in' process to take an EXCEL spreadsheet that has data for the request tokens we want to populate.  We could have multiple rows of different data.  We were supplied the Excel Add-In that we would run to create the XML file from the data.  We would then import the file to PPM which would create the muliple requests.

In the new 9.14 process is there such a process now provided?  I can no longer use the XML file that the Importer creates in the 9.14 process (I get a java lang error).   What is the recommended process to use if I have a spreadsheet of data that I need to convert to the appropriate XML file which can then be used with the 9.14 import function?

Any information or guidance would be appreciated and let me know if you need further information.  Thank you.

Advisor
Frankie_Kings
Message 3 of 6 (562 Views)

FOLLOU UP---after much review/testing we determined we had a Request Type rule on a field, that was conflicting with the field that the XML Importer was trying to populate when it created the request.  We turned off the rule and was able to run the Importer from XML successfully.  Thanks.

Occasional Contributor
BenCross
Message 4 of 6 (427 Views)

Hello,

We have recently upgraded to PPM 9.1 and now we require migrating some data across from another system.

We have the new XML generator that works with version 9.1 however I believer the script template has changed to create the XML data for upload.

Does anyone have a template to create an XML data sheet for inputting into our PPM??

Many thanks

Ben

Honored Contributor
AlexSavencu
Message 5 of 6 (393 Views)

Hi,

I have successfully used the two other options for importing requests: using the xml excel add-in and the interfaces tables.

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Trusted Contributor
Kerim KILIC
Message 6 of 6 (267 Views)

Hello,

Im updating this post, may be someone searching how to import data in new version 9.22. The template is changed in the previous versions xml looks like

<common:simpleField>
  <common:token>REQ.DESCRIPTION</common:token>
  <common:stringValue>THIS IS A TEST EXAMPLE</common:stringValue>
  </common:simpleField>

but in new version it should like
<field>
  <token>REQ.DESCRIPTION</token>
  <value>THIS IS A TEST EXAMPLE</value>
  </field>

You just need to replace all "common:", "common:string", "common:simple" of your xml generated by 9.1 plugin. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.