01-03-2014 08:13 AM
We have a requirement to hide financial details based on user role.
Financial details are displayed in three places in Project: Project cost portlet in Project Summary tab, Financial Summary in Project details tab and there are some fields in Project details tab.
These deatils are visible to all users.
We will restrict the access of Financial Summary section to PM using the Project Security tab in Project settings.
We will restrict the access to fields to PM using the fields security.
Can anyoe please let us know how to restrict the access of Project Cost OOB portlet in Project Summary only for the respective Project Managers. For all the other users, the portlet should not be visible.
Let me know if this is possible to achieve in PPM. Appreciate your help!
Thanks & Regards,
01-03-2014 08:54 AM
- logon to PPM as an admin
- select Open > Admin > portlet definitions > configure portlet definitions
- for category select Project Overview and press search
- find portlet name = Project Cost and click on name to open
- select the access tab
- access options are by users and/or groups (you may have to let all ProjMgrs view each others)
01-03-2014 09:14 AM
Also, I found another place
- open any existing project
- near the top select Project Settings
- in the left pane select Project Security
- In the right pane thre are radio buttons for viewing Financial Summary and Workplan Costs
When you modify here you are probably only doing it for this existing project.
To modify it for all projects types
- logon as admin
- select Open > Admin > Project Types & Templates > Manage Project Types
- Open a project type and make the same change as above
- This will affect all new projects of this type.
01-06-2014 08:11 AM
Thanks for the response!
Changing the Project Security tab is working fine. Both the financial Summary and Project Cost portlet have become non-accessible by changing the access in Project Security.
Is it possible to restrict access only to certain Project Managers? We have a group of Vendor Project Managers. The cost details should become non-accessible only for these Vendor PM.
For eg. If a Project Manager logs in, he should be able to see the cost data(Financial Summary and Project Cost), If a Vendor Project Manager logs in , he should not be able to access the Cost details.
Please let me know if this can be achieved in PPM.
Thanks & Regards,
01-06-2014 08:33 AM
If Project Managers and Vendor Project Managers are in different security groups you could try:
- Open the PPM workbench
- Select Sys Admin in the left pane and select Security Groups
- In the right pane select the Vendor Project Manager security group
- Select the Access Grants tab
- Remove the access grant for "View cost on financial summary".