Re: HP Software Support Site - Sorry, access denied (2420 Views)
Frequent Advisor
kintanadan
Message 1 of 24 (2,459 Views)

HP Software Support Site - Sorry, access denied

Hello,

Is anyone else receiving repeated "Sorry, access denied" error when using the HP Support Site, or am I the only lucky one.

I've been getting this randomly using the 'Case Manager', 'Self-Solve', and 'Downloads' area.

Thanks

Honored Contributor
dirkf
Message 2 of 24 (2,435 Views)

Re: HP Software Support Site - Sorry, access denied

Hi Dan,

I can access all now. Check if you can also. Else you might be having problems with either your SAID or your profile perhaps?

Best regards,

Dirk

Honored Contributor
dirkf
Message 3 of 24 (2,433 Views)

Hmm, can't be, else you wouldn't be in here .... sorry!

Advisor
EricLEdberg
Message 4 of 24 (2,428 Views)

I was getting this troubling error often.  In the Nov/Dec time frame it was especially irritating and I just learned to go away and come back a few hour later. It's not been that frequent in Jan.

Frequent Advisor
Cat_2
Message 5 of 24 (2,421 Views)

This would happen to me if I logged into another HP site then moved over to the support area. I always had to log out completely, close my browser and try again by going directly to the support site.

Honored Contributor
Erik Cole
Message 6 of 24 (2,420 Views)

[ Edited ]

I get this often enough that whenever I enter a new case, or update one of my existing ones, I save what I have written onto the clipboard before I press the "update" button so that I don't have to go back and try to remember everything to re-enter. I'd I get the error about 20-30% of the time.

Dirk, do you know if they have a maintenance window on Fridays? It seems like the site is usually most troublesome on Fridays...

Also, it seems to generate errors if I'm in the Self-solve knowledge search page and select "All Versions" instead of a specific version.

Frequent Advisor
kintanadan
Message 7 of 24 (2,398 Views)

All,

HP Support has acknowledged they are having issues with their SSO Site, and IE8.

The resolution is to uncheck the “Preserve Favorites website data” box in the “Delete Browser History” dialog box. (See attached screen print)

On occasion, I still receive the “The service you’ve requested is not available” error message.

I hope this saves everyone the trouble that I had resolving this issue.

Best Regards

Frequent Advisor
kintanadan
Message 8 of 24 (1,920 Views)

Hello,

It's been a couple of years since I've seen this issue, but it appears to be back.

Is anyone else receiving repeated "Sorry, access denied" error when using the HP Support Site, or am I the only lucky one.

I've been getting this randomly using the 'Case Manager', 'Self-Solve', and 'Downloads' area.

Thanks

Honored Contributor
Erik Cole
Message 9 of 24 (1,875 Views)

I'm getting this a lot, also getting a blank page when trying to log in here...

Respected Contributor
Raj Ghimire
Message 10 of 24 (1,860 Views)

Thank God its just not me... I have been recently experiencing this "sporadic" issue a LOT too....and mostly only happens when either I am trying to create a New SR or trying to Update already open one ??   And seems to be more frequent on Fridays ..

Especially, Last Friday evening, I had horrific experience with this while I was dealing with a PPM Outage issue.

Hope HP resoves this soon..

Occasional Advisor
gbrian517
Message 11 of 24 (1,825 Views)

I've been getting the message and just saw this discussion. We still use IE8. Following the instructions above about unchecking the preserve data box solved my problem.
Advisor
IzzyB
Message 12 of 24 (1,678 Views)

Same here. I'm getting "Sorry, access denied" and nothing else on the page. I got it when I tried to download a software patch. It seems to work again if I try from another browser. Sometiems it works agin when I refresh or attempt from FireFox or another computer.

It's on the Support end. There's nothting wrong with my SAID's or my access. It's really obnoxious and wastes a lot of time. IT would be appropriate for HP to take it seriously and fix the problem.

BMC's support site doesn't have this problem :p 

Regular Advisor
SuperCoolNothin
Message 13 of 24 (1,591 Views)

Same for me and has been happening for a long time, allof last week and this. I have to run my support browser windows on a VNM to get around it. I'll try the fix in this thread and see what happens.

Regular Advisor
SuperCoolNothin
Message 14 of 24 (1,588 Views)

I'm sad to say it has made no difference, and Chrome does it too!

ARGGGGGGGGGH!
Occasional Contributor
TPRE
Message 15 of 24 (1,432 Views)

This is getting frustrating.  I've had this error for a couple of weeks when trying to view tickets using IE on Windows.  Is this going to get resolved or documented guidance about browser support and required configuration?

Honored Contributor
Jan Czajkowski
Message 16 of 24 (1,370 Views)

I am getting this error regularly, even after upgrading to IE 10.0. It occurs in Firefox as well, although not as often.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Regular Advisor
SuperCoolNothin
Message 17 of 24 (1,368 Views)

Chrome returns blank pages at sign in, as does Firefox on occasions.. Not very satisfactory is it? Access denied errors seem to be very common and are now affecting the customer base. This needs sorting out, and quickly please HP.

HP Expert
JasonCantrell
Message 18 of 24 (1,333 Views)

This is now happening to me.  I didn't have the "preserve favorite’s website data" checked.  I have deleted ALL data from IE's cache.

Still shows up when I try to access a manual or do a search on the SSO.

Regards,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Visitor
Michaela7111
Message 19 of 24 (540 Views)

Hello,

I too have experienced the "Sorry, access denied" error when trying to log into the HP Support website for access to the Knowledge Base in my situation.  Presently I have not been able to solve the problem for MSIE or FireFox but I have been able to solve it for me in Chrome.  Although I have applied the same technique to MSIE and FF as I did for Chrome the problem still exists on those two browsers for me for no apparent rhyme or reason.

To solve this problem for me in Chrome I did the following: Chrome -> Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> Clear Browsing Data -> checked Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cached images and files the last 4 weeks.  Restarted Chrome and logged into support.openview.hp.com and went to the Knowledge Base and was able to access the site, perform searches, access manuals and so on.

Perhaps this isn't "the way" to have this problem fixed officially but maybe this bit of information could help you get past the hurdle in the interim.  Hoping that the above mentioned can work for you too.  Good luck.

Michael

Regular Advisor
SuperCoolNothin
Message 20 of 24 (523 Views)

I'm getting it all the time in Chrome, and sometimes when I launch the link to posts such as this from my email, it just returns a blank page. I have to then C+P the link into FireFox and it works.

Not good enough HP!

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 21 of 24 (496 Views)

>I'm getting this a lot, also getting a blank page when trying to log in here.

Yes, I have problems getting into the forum every so often.  I have to purge some hp.com or forum cookies in firefox:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Problem-loading-pages-413-Request-Entity...

Regular Advisor
SuperCoolNothin
Message 22 of 24 (458 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Purging cookies should not be required on any site though. Microsfot and Amazon would be in huge trouble if the public could not access the sites. As we all log on with secure id's, this is even more inexcusable on HP's site. 

HP need to fix it before someone gets frustrated enough to invoice HP for all of the wasted man hours this issue causes over a month.

;o) 

Honored Contributor
Jan Czajkowski
Message 23 of 24 (433 Views)

Interesting to note that this thread started almost three years ago, but apparently HP does not care.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Regular Advisor
SuperCoolNothin
Message 24 of 24 (427 Views)

A shame really.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.