Re: From where is the displayed time format derived (127 Views)
Advisor
StefanBienz
Message 1 of 6 (127 Views)

From where is the displayed time format derived

Hi all,

Does anyone know from where exactly the TIME format (24 hour or 12 hour with AM/PM) is derived in ITG ? For example, the upper left display in the menubar, where it says "Welcome, .. DATE and TIME, Last Login: DATE and TIME , but also in a Requestfield with a Validation showing Date and Time .

Based on my personal investigations it seems that it depends what the user has set under the Browser Language Setting (IE>Tools>Internet Options>Languages) switching from e.g. german to english also changes the time format (English shows 12Hour with AM/PM). It has (unfortunately) NOTHING to do with the REGION OPTIONS in the Control Panel of the Client PC.

How can I have English as the prefered language in the browser, but with 24Hours Display ?

Thanks for any input to this,

Stefan Bienz
Honored Contributor
Erik Cole
Message 2 of 6 (127 Views)

Re: From where is the displayed time format derived

Use English/Australian [en-au] in your browser?
Advisor
StefanBienz
Message 3 of 6 (127 Views)

Thanks Erik for your answer! While your suggestion does work perfect, I still wonder if those Languages can be customized somewhere, so that we could change the language English [en] to 24Hour . I don't think that switching every user client pc to
English/Australian [en-au] will be the solution we can go here (Switzerland, but international customer).

Thanks alot for your input !

Stefan Bienz
Honored Contributor
Erik Cole
Message 4 of 6 (127 Views)

You are probably looking for the setting

com.kintana.core.server.INSTALLATION_LOCALE

but I don't know if it also requires installing a language pack or if you can just flip it to en-au and get your desired date.
Advisor
StefanBienz
Message 5 of 6 (127 Views)

Thanks again, but in the meantime unfortunately I've found out that your suggestion about the [en-au] languages changes also the DATE format to the (worst) format "4/04/2008" which will confuse the user even more ! A user will interpret that DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY, depending on if its a local (swiss) or a english/american user, which can lead to quite some troubles.

What I still don't get is where for a paricular language (e.g. [en-au]) is defined how the settings are. Like on a PC, where you can define both the Location AND the Time/Date Formats independent ?

Thanks for any further input,

Stefan
Honored Contributor
Erik Cole
Message 6 of 6 (127 Views)

Hmmm...my [en-au] date format is "4 March 2008"

I think these are ISO standards. Have you asked PSO how to get a 24-hr clock?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.