Re: From where is the displayed time format derived (50 Views)
Advisor
StefanBienz
Message 1 of 6 (50 Views)

From where is the displayed time format derived

Hi all,

Does anyone know from where exactly the TIME format (24 hour or 12 hour with AM/PM) is derived in ITG ? For example, the upper left display in the menubar, where it says "Welcome, .. DATE and TIME, Last Login: DATE and TIME , but also in a Requestfield with a Validation showing Date and Time .

Based on my personal investigations it seems that it depends what the user has set under the Browser Language Setting (IE>Tools>Internet Options>Languages) switching from e.g. german to english also changes the time format (English shows 12Hour with AM/PM). It has (unfortunately) NOTHING to do with the REGION OPTIONS in the Control Panel of the Client PC.

How can I have English as the prefered language in the browser, but with 24Hours Display ?

Thanks for any input to this,

Stefan Bienz
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Erik Cole
Message 2 of 6 (50 Views)

Re: From where is the displayed time format derived

Use English/Australian [en-au] in your browser?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
StefanBienz
Message 3 of 6 (50 Views)

Thanks Erik for your answer! While your suggestion does work perfect, I still wonder if those Languages can be customized somewhere, so that we could change the language English [en] to 24Hour . I don't think that switching every user client pc to
English/Australian [en-au] will be the solution we can go here (Switzerland, but international customer).

Thanks alot for your input !

Stefan Bienz
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Erik Cole
Message 4 of 6 (50 Views)

You are probably looking for the setting

com.kintana.core.server.INSTALLATION_LOCALE

but I don't know if it also requires installing a language pack or if you can just flip it to en-au and get your desired date.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
StefanBienz
Message 5 of 6 (50 Views)

Thanks again, but in the meantime unfortunately I've found out that your suggestion about the [en-au] languages changes also the DATE format to the (worst) format "4/04/2008" which will confuse the user even more ! A user will interpret that DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY, depending on if its a local (swiss) or a english/american user, which can lead to quite some troubles.

What I still don't get is where for a paricular language (e.g. [en-au]) is defined how the settings are. Like on a PC, where you can define both the Location AND the Time/Date Formats independent ?

Thanks for any further input,

Stefan
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Erik Cole
Message 6 of 6 (50 Views)

Hmmm...my [en-au] date format is "4 March 2008"

I think these are ISO standards. Have you asked PSO how to get a 24-hr clock?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation