Re: Export to Excel with Windows 7 and IE8 (241 Views)
Respected Contributor
Niraj Prabhu
Message 1 of 5 (289 Views)

Export to Excel with Windows 7 and IE8

Hi, 

We have Windows 7 operating system and IE 8 for logging into PPM application. Users click on Export to Excel feature from PPM (Request Search Result or portlet) and see a screen with Open, Save and Cancel option. On clicking Open, a login screen appears which does not continue after entering the credentials.

To investigate the issue, we tried different browser Google Chrome, and it seems to be not an issue, however since IE8 is our enterprise accepted browser, we would not be able switch or upgrade current browser.

This isnt same as http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/PPM-Export-Excel-Format-issue/td-p/619... hence posting new message to the experts.

Regards,
Niraj

Niraj P.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kwood55
Message 2 of 5 (283 Views)

Re: Export to Excel with Windows 7 and IE8

I am using PPM 9.12, Win 7, and IE 8.

I just did an export to excel and selected Open

It did ask for a username/password.

Also, a hidden pop-up that said something like "blah blah blah different format blah blah"  I pressed OK and excel opened.
The pop-up was not on top.

When I did an export to exel and select Save. No issues , and it saved on my desktop

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Erik Cole
Message 3 of 5 (264 Views)

Getting the same here with XP and IE8 with PPM 9.14. Sounds like a new IE "feature".

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Niraj Prabhu
Message 4 of 5 (255 Views)

Additional Questions,

Do you have plans to provide export to excel on all the OOTB reports? I many times find a reason to get the Actual Time Summary or Time Sheet Detail Report on excel.

Let us know if you have such plans in future releases.

Niraj P.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Etienne_Canaud
Message 5 of 5 (241 Views)

There's no plan that I know of on the short term (i.e. next release).

I can't say much on the medium term though.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation