Re: Error updating FS data via WebService: ‘You cannot update cost in base currency….’ (278 Views)
Occasional Visitor
songly1986
Message 1 of 7 (708 Views)

Error updating FS data via WebService: ‘You cannot update cost in base currency….

Hi, 

I am updating financial data using web service in 9.14 and have enountered the following issue. 

When updating 600 financial records for a project, the following error was thrown 'You cannot update cost in base currency. You can only update cost in local currency'. However, when updating the same project with a 300 financial records, the web service was able to process it successfully. 

The same code is working fine in 9.12.

According to http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1L41188, support for base currency update was added in 9.14. However when I compare the toolkit for 9.12 and 9.14, I don't see any differences. 

Does anybody know how to explicitly set local currency in FinanceServiceClient.java?

Regards,

Lee Yong

Advisor
ashu_21
Message 2 of 7 (698 Views)

Re: Error updating FS data via WebService: ‘You cannot update cost in base currency….

Hi ,

This error could be because two reason.1st thing that we define base currency in PPM but if you are working for different region then currency could be different.so you need to check out that.

2.You need to check that webserivce always get authenticate by Admin user only if any project PM is different and admin user dont have access of FM then also it could be the error.

I also faced this issue and resolved in this way

Occasional Visitor
songly1986
Message 3 of 7 (680 Views)

Re: Error updating FS data via WebService: ‘You cannot update cost in base currency….

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked my code and configuration and can confirm that:

1) the base currency matches with the region

2) webservice is authenticated using Admin user

I am only getting the error message when updating more than 600+ records. Otherwise the project is able to update successfully.

Regards,

Lee Yong

Regular Visitor
GordonKwan
Message 4 of 7 (517 Views)

Hi, any solution yet? thanks!
Honored Contributor
Utkarsh_Mishra
Message 5 of 7 (458 Views)

I had faced this issue when I try to update the Actuals which had some value > than 0 with BigInteger(valueOf.zero) i.e 0.

May be it is applied to Planned or Forecasted value as well, you need to check this.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Frequent Visitor
Itay_Erhard
Message 6 of 7 (357 Views)

I encountered the same issue while developing a WS client that clears existing values from FS.

The following statement (that worked perfectly in previous versions of the product), fails:

faCell.setPlanValueLCL(null);

The following statement worked and accomplished what I needed (although in a computationally inefficient mannger):

faCell.setPlanValueLCL(faCell.getPlanValueLCL().multiply(new BigDecimal(0)));

It certainly seems to be an HP bug.

Occasional Visitor
Shaiwal
Message 7 of 7 (278 Views)

The problem is occurring because there is already a non zero base currency set for this value, and when you then try to set the value to zero, PPM Web Services generate the error.

The workaround seems to be that when attempting to set the value to zero, you also have to set the base value to zero – even though modification of the base value is what was supposed to be prevented.

This a defect in the web services code, following the 9.14 update.
But, until that can be resolved, when attempting to set a zero value, the workaround is to clear the base currency as well!

This is a defect QCCR1L49994 and applies to 9.22 i.e. the fix is expected in 9.22 

Thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.