Encrypt email or make request type field on visible for created by? (296 Views)
Regular Advisor
bzdafro
Message 1 of 4 (296 Views)

Encrypt email or make request type field on visible for created by?

I have a request that needs to give a user an elevated password for a time period; after which it will be changed.  I need to show the password to the user via email or in the request.   Is there anyway to control who can see fields on a request   OR send encrypted email from PPM.   Encrypted email might be possible via gpg tool or sendsmtp app outside of PPM.  We use Lotus Notes internally for email - but PPM emails are sent via SMTP.  Ideas ? 

Thanks

Honored Contributor
AlexSavencu
Message 2 of 4 (265 Views)

Re: Encrypt email or make request type field on visible for created by?

Hi,

1. you can set field security for the specific field based on a token. That token should contain the user who should see the fields.

2. You can send the encrypted email using 3rd party tools by issuing OS commands in execution workflow steps.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Regular Advisor
bzdafro
Message 3 of 4 (241 Views)

Is it possible to set security on a field?   Im not sure I know how to do that.  

Trusted Contributor
Mohit_Agrawal
Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)

Hi..

You can set the security for a field in the security tab of the field.

Go to workbech -> open the request type -> edit the field -> go to Security tab -> only add the Administrator and user_id_toekn... then only the user and admin can see/change the field.

Thanks!!

Mohit Agrawal

--Click Kudos if you like the answer.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.