Defaulting the line/time approver based on hours capture (268 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Kribin Moodley
Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)

Defaulting the line/time approver based on hours capture

Defaulting the time approver based on hours capture

I have a requirement to route timesheets to different line/timesheet approvers based on the number of hours that have been capture. The timesheet policy has been configured to allow for weekly capture of timesheets and the timesheets are set to auto-approved. The Project Setting has been configure to route timesheet lines to the Project Manager of the Project.

When the Project Manager captures time, and the timesheet total per day is less than or equal to 8 hours (<=)  automatically approve the timesheet. When the time captured for a day is greater than 8 hours route the request to a Portfolio or Program Manager. This applies to a Project Manager Role.

A Business Analyst working on the same project as above uses a Weekly timesheet and is only allowed to capture time against tasks where he/she is the assigned resource. Time captured needs to be routed to the Project Manager when the total hours captured for the day is less than or equal to 8 hours (<=)   and when the time captured for a day is greater than 8 hours the Portfolio Manager needs to be notified.

Has anyone come across a similar requirement and or have any suggestions on how this can be done.

Kind Regards

-Kribin

Honored Contributor
dirkf
Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: Defaulting the line/time approver based on hours capture

Hi Kribin,

hope all is well with you. Great to see you here.

I have scoured the knowledgebase but couldn't find anything usefull. The override rules aren't applicable here and I believe the reinforcement of time policy won't help either. I see this as a valid request, it makes good sense to need 'overtime' approved by someone other than if you have the approving of regular time automated.

However, unless someone knows a customization to help you (which doesn't seem to be the case), I would log an ER. Fill in the below questionnaire in as much detail as you can and log a ticket. If you want, you can put in my name as reference from the forum and I hope I'll be able to pick it up.

1) Please provide a short problem statement:

2) When does the situation occur? Please describe an actual scenario from the customer's current environment.

3) How is the situation currently handled or resolved? What work around is used today?

4) What is unsatisfactory about the current situation and why?

5) What is the required functionality to meet that will enable the described scenario?

6) What and how many users, administrators and non-PPM systems play a role in this use case?

Wish you the best of luck and hope if you log it that I'll be able to assist.

Have a great day.

Best regards,

Dirk

Occasional Contributor
Kribin Moodley
Message 3 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: Defaulting the line/time approver based on hours capture

[ Edited ]

Good Evening Dirk,

Trust you are well. I have an ER logged for this functionality ID QCCR1L46116 and crossing fingers that it will be included in a near SP or release .I will keep the forum posted as we are still investigating a "custom" solution to meet my clients needs.

Kind Regards

Kribin

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.