Re: DMS acces grants for Delete attached documents (483 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Ramazan1
Message 1 of 5 (669 Views)

DMS acces grants for Delete attached documents

Hi,

I want to prevent that all user, who have Demand Mgmt. License to be able to delete attached Documents in PPM. Which access grant is needed for that.

All users who have demand or project mgmt license can delete attached documents. OK, there is an audit trail, I can see who deleted it and when, but I want to prevent this. So I don't have problems later.

Regards,

Ramazan 

Trusted Contributor
jsalass
Message 2 of 5 (644 Views)

Re: DMS acces grants for Delete attached documents

Hi Ramazan,

As you mentioned with only having the edit request and edit project grants users will be able to delete the documents attached.

There is an ER to include a new access grant in a future PPM version:
QCCR1L31337 Access Grant - SysAdmin: Edit Dependent References - This access grant will apply to references and couments created by the users in request.

You can track the ER status thru the SSO site.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jonathan
Frequent Advisor
Ramazan1
Message 3 of 5 (620 Views)

Hi Jonathan,

thank you for your answer. It doesn't help me, but now I know that something is in progress. So it lets me to hope :)

Regards,

Ramazan

Trusted Contributor
Kerim KILIC
Message 4 of 5 (578 Views)

under user access if you only give edit request to assigned to or a custom field and change it every step, it prevents editing form but not sure references tab, im going to try you may try also
gjpritchett
Message 5 of 5 (483 Views)

As an interim solution, modify the DocumentNoEdits.jsp in [server_name] / deploy / itg.war / web / knta / dms as shown below.

It will restrict the Delete button to only those users that have the "Override document checkout" access grant... not perfect but, better than having "Delete" available to everyone.

You'll need to review/re-do the workaround during future PPM upgrades, of course.

if(isCheckedOut) {
      //checked out by other user
      cancelText = localeCtrl.getValue( "DMS_DONE.TXT", pageContext);
      showCheckOutButton = false;
      showEditButton = false;
      showDeleteButton = false;
      showOverrideButton = DMSInterfaceUtil.canOverrideCheckOut(DMSHTML.getLogonPacketFromRequest(request));
  } else {
    //checked in
    showEditButton = true;
    // disable the following line

// showDeleteButton = true;

// add the following line
    showDeleteButton = DMSInterfaceUtil.canOverrideCheckOut(DMSHTML.getLogonPacketFromRequest(request));

showCheckOutButton = true;
    showOverrideButton = false;
  }

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.