08-27-2012 08:32 AM
I have a problem with PPM, as the subject says, the cygwin is displaying this error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" I want to know why is displaying this error and how to correct it, actually the application is working fine but I'm afraid this error could make it unavailable.
Thanks and regards.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-27-2012 01:12 PM
Cygwin is a package that emulates a UNIX environment on a Windows server. It is not an application and does not generate log messages itself. Your log file looks like a PPM log so PPM is probably reporting the out of memory condition. Some questions:
1) How long has this instance of PPM been running?
2) What release level of PPM are you using?
3) Have you configured the PPM heap size or are you running with the default values? Refer to the PPM Installation and Administration Guide for directions on setting the heap size.
08-28-2012 11:49 PM
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m
make sure to restart JBoss
08-30-2012 04:28 AM
Try to add following 3 parameters in your server.conf file:
1) com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_MAX_PERM_SIZE=256m #(You can increase this upto 512m according to your RAM size)
2) com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=256m #(You can increase this upto 512m according to your RAM size)
After that run the kUpdateHtml.sh file and try to start the server
09-03-2012 08:13 AM
Thanks you guys for your replays, actually I fixed the problem, it was because the hard disk space was very low, about 4.60 GB, the virtual memory of Java is about 4.00 GB, I reboot the server and all the cache was cleaned and starts work fine.
Thank you very much again.
09-05-2012 10:18 PM
Well actually, restarting the server and cleaning up the cache will just prolong your problem.
Trust me, the same error will happen again and again.
And to save your self from restarting the server.
Do the steps mentioned above!
02-11-2013 09:43 PM
Very long time since last answer to this post, finally I could apply your recommendation, to add those parameters on server.conf file, I will check out if it works without any problem or still getting the same error because at this time is very anoying because is happening about 2 or 3 times at day making that PPM is not available in all times.
Thanks and regards.