Re: Cygwin displaying error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space (923 Views)
Advisor
Gerardo Gamez
Message 1 of 7 (990 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cygwin displaying error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with PPM, as the subject says, the cygwin is displaying this error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" I want to know why is displaying this error and how to correct it, actually the application is working fine but I'm afraid this error could make it unavailable.

Thanks and regards.

Gerardo

Honored Contributor
Jim Esler
Message 2 of 7 (978 Views)

Re: Cygwin displaying error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Cygwin is a package that emulates a UNIX environment on a Windows server. It is not an application and does not generate log messages itself. Your log file looks like a PPM log so PPM is probably reporting the out of memory condition. Some questions:

1) How long has this instance of PPM been running?

2) What release level of PPM are you using?

3) Have you configured the PPM heap size or are you running with the default values? Refer to the PPM Installation and Administration Guide for directions on setting the heap size.

Valued Contributor
sdef
Message 3 of 7 (954 Views)

Hi,

In run.conf

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m
-XX:PermSize=128m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

make sure to restart JBoss

good luck!

Frequent Advisor
SureshR
Message 4 of 7 (923 Views)

Hi Gerardo,

Try to add following 3 parameters in your server.conf file:

1) com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_MAX_PERM_SIZE=256m #(You can increase this upto 512m according to your RAM size)
2) com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=256m #(You can increase this upto 512m according to your RAM size)
3) com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_INIT_HEAP_SIZE=1280m #(You can increase this according to your RAM size)

After that run the kUpdateHtml.sh file and try to start the server

Cheers!!

Advisor
Gerardo Gamez
Message 5 of 7 (887 Views)

Thanks you guys for your replays, actually I fixed the problem, it was because the hard disk space was very low, about 4.60 GB, the virtual memory of Java is about 4.00 GB, I reboot the server and all the cache was cleaned and starts work fine.

Thank you very much again.

Valued Contributor
sdef
Message 6 of 7 (867 Views)

Hi Gerardo,

Well actually, restarting the server and cleaning up the cache will just prolong your problem.

Trust me, the same error will happen again and again.

And to save your self from restarting the server.

Do the steps mentioned above!

Regards,

sdef

Advisor
Gerardo Gamez
Message 7 of 7 (647 Views)

Hi SureshR,

Very long time since last answer to this post, finally I could apply your recommendation, to add those parameters on server.conf file, I will check out if it works without any problem or still getting the same error because at this time is very anoying because is happening about 2 or 3 times at day making that PPM is not available in all times.

Thanks and regards.

Gerardo.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.