Re: Clustering in PPM (374 Views)
Advisor
Amanjyot
Message 1 of 4 (398 Views)

Clustering in PPM

Hi Team,

I am new bie in PPM. Can anyone of you please me the steps for PPM Clustering? I read the installation guide, but could  not get much out of it. Also, please help me in kstandalonedeploy.sh as well.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Aman 

Honored Contributor
Utkarsh_Mishra
Message 2 of 4 (374 Views)

Re: Clustering in PPM

[ Edited ]

Assuming you are in WINDOWS; here are the basic steps.

1. Open $PPM_HOME\Server in windows explorer and there will be one folder with the server name. Say 'HPPPM’, I am using this name in below steps.

2. Now  create the Services Node First. Copy the contents of say ‘HPPPM’ (or any other name) and paste it in the same folder with Name ‘HPPPM_SERVICE’.

3. Open the Server.conf present in $PPM_HOME and go to the end of the file and paste the contents below as shown below.
        A.) The server name value should be same as ‘com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_NAME’ entered above.              (HPPPM_SERVICE)
        B.) Make sure the ports are NOT conflicting with the values above @node (for more details take help from Admin guide).

@node
    com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_NAME=<YOUR_SERVER_NAME>
    com.kintana.core.server.KINTANA_SERVER_NAME=HPPPM_SERVICE
    com.kintana.core.server.BASE_URL=http://<SERVER_NAME>:<PORT>/
    com.kintana.core.server.HTTP_PORT=8080
    com.kintana.core.server.BASE_PATH=C:/PPM
    com.kintana.core.server.RMI_URL=rmi://<SERVER_NAME>:<RMI_PORT>/KintanaServer
    com.kintana.core.server.APP_SERVER_NAMING_SERVICE_RMI_PORT=1288
    com.kintana.core.server.APP_SERVER_NAMING_SERVICE_BINDING_PORT=1299
    com.kintana.core.server.APP_SERVER_JRMP_INVOKER_RMI_PORT=4555

4. Add the following lines above @node and save the server.conf file.

com.kintana.core.server.SERVICES_ENABLED=false
    com.kintana.core.server.MULTICAST_CLUSTER_NAME=<Your_desired_Name>

5. Run kUpdateHTML.sh from $PPM_HOME/bin

6. Open CMD and run the following commands under $PPM_HOME and it will create the windows service.

C:\PPM\bin>ksvc remove-all
    C:\PPM\bin>ksvc install-all

7. Run the kClusterDeploy.sh under $PPM_HOME/bin and provide the cluster zip file name as ‘deployCluster912.zip’ which is present in $PPM_HOME/bin directory. (it might have some other name as well based on your PPM version)

8. Run kStart.sh from cygwin window and resolve all sanity errors. (example - port conflict, deployment etc...)

9. Start the PPM nodes as ‘Windows Service’. Go to Windows RUN (press Windows+R key) and enter "services.msc".
    In Windows Service Manager go to HPPPM service, start it (wait until it is compeletly up) and then finally Start HPPPM_Service service (service node).

You are done with clustering..... Enjoy!!!

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Advisor
Amanjyot
Message 3 of 4 (339 Views)

Thanks a lot Utkarsh for sharing the info. Its quite helpful.However, i could not understand your step 2 completely.

Eg. if my ppm is in C:/PPM

then should i copy the contents of HPPM folder 

C:/PPM/server/HPPM 

to
c:/server/HPPM1 HPPM1 is new node here.

both are on same machine, right?

Also, we have the same server.conf files stored on both the nodes, right?

Thanks,

Aman

Honored Contributor
Utkarsh_Mishra
Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]

If your directory structure is say C:/PPM/Server/HPPM then

1. Clone the HPPM folder in same location with name  HPPM_SERVICE i.e. it will be like C:/PPM/Server/HPPM_SERVICE

So your directory structure after clone would be like

C:/PPM/Server

/HPPM

/HPPM_SERVICE    (remember it is the clone of HPPM)

Secondly server.conf is only one for clusture in same machine and it is in location C:/PPM; so even if you create more than 2 node there will be only 1 server.conf.

You just need to append the @node parameters in server.conf accordingly and also a clone directory in PPM/Server.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.