Re: Advanced Defaults for the Project List (36 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Jaylen Smith
Message 1 of 4 (36 Views)

Advanced Defaults for the Project List

I'm trying to create a module that will automatically display a Project Manager's projects using the Project List portlet. When I attempt to set the advanced defaults, PPM tells me that there are not advanced defaults for that portlet. However there are advanced defaults for the request list portlet. Does anyone know how to enable advanced defaults for the project list portlet when creating a module?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Sascha Mohr
Message 2 of 4 (36 Views)

Re: Advanced Defaults for the Project List

Hello Jaylen,
that's a feature HP/Mercury missed to implement. You should open an enhancement request for this.
For custom portlets the advanced options are populated automatically; "Project List" is a seeded Java portlet, so we cannot change anything about it.
Regards
Sascha
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Jaylen Smith
Message 3 of 4 (36 Views)

Thanks for the response.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Darshan Bavisi
Message 4 of 4 (36 Views)

Jaylen - Request List has the Advanced Defaults because it allows to group certain request types having the common fields to display similar information on the single portlet.

Project List does not have since it displays only projects which have similar kind of fields.

If you can let know what exactly data you want to show on the Project List portlet which it is not allowing you to then probably we can get some ideas around it if there's any solution to that.

Thanks,
Darshan
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation