07-19-2012 08:35 PM
I need to import the RAID0 array from one DL385G7 that's mainboard has died to another DL385G7.
The Server that died had 2xSata 500GB's in a RAID0 configuration - BBWC 410i controller.
I have removed these 2 drives and inserted them into 2 free bays in another server.
This server has 2 x RAID 1 arrays exported to the Operating system (which then uses them in a RAID0 Stripe i.e RAID10, but with software raid 0 management toolschain in Debian).
using hpacucli I see the two drives appearing as unassigned; I don't want to create a Logical Drive from them for fear of Wipping the Data.
Any help is appreciated:.
Dump of hpacucli config follows:
=> ctrl all show config
Smart Array P410i in Slot 0 (Embedded) (sn: 50014380102DA1D0)
array A (SATA, Unused Space: 0 MB)
logicaldrive 1 (931.5 GB, RAID 1, OK)
physicaldrive 1I:1:3 (port 1I:box 1:bay 3, SATA, 1TB, OK)
physicaldrive 2I:1:5 (port 2I:box 1:bay 5, SATA, 1TB, OK)
array B (SATA, Unused Space: 0 MB)
logicaldrive 2 (931.5 GB, RAID 1, OK)
physicaldrive 1I:1:4 (port 1I:box 1:bay 4, SATA, 1TB, OK)
physicaldrive 2I:1:6 (port 2I:box 1:bay 6, SATA, 1TB, OK)
physicaldrive 1I:1:1 (port 1I:box 1:bay 1, SATA, 500 GB, OK)
physicaldrive 1I:1:2 (port 1I:box 1:bay 2, SATA, 500 GB, OK)
07-28-2012 12:43 PM
would like to understand your setup before I provide my recommendations.
1. Amount of Cache (BBWC) on the dead server
2. SAAP License
3. Any Old ADU report from dead server.
4. Is it possible to take out the existing drives after taking backup from the working server?
5. if yes, then is it possible to move BBWC from dead server to this server? if installed.
6. if both the answer is YES... then install the drives in the same order it was installed in the old server.
7. observe the POST message.. possible F1 or F2
Since, we don't have any redundancy our options for recovery are very limited.
hope this helps,
How to say thanks..? Click on Star Kudos