Re: ILO with a DC7900 PC (200 Views)
DCJ
Occasional Visitor
DCJ
Message 1 of 3 (200 Views)

ILO with a DC7900 PC

Has anyone had a problem installing software using the ILO virtual disk with a HP DC7900 PC on XP. Using different PCs of the same model have the same problem. Other PCs, laptops work OK . Reloading the OS, drivers, bios does not the problem.
Trusted Contributor
Prem Selvam Arumugam
Message 2 of 3 (200 Views)

Re: ILO with a DC7900 PC

HI,

Check the Internet Explorer version, IF possible make it to 6 then the problem will disappear
DCJ
Occasional Visitor
DCJ
Message 3 of 3 (200 Views)

Re: ILO with a DC7900 PC

Hi

I tested DC7900 on both IE6 and IE 7, it did not change the problem. I have been sucessfully using a VM with IE 7, Laptops, other desktops, the only system that I have that does not to work is the DC7900, it seems to be the only common factor. I have tried 3 of them with anything from the factory software install to a completely manual xp load. It seems to be any long/large install will loose connection to the virtual Media, I can use it for small installs ok. You can test it using the VMware install disk and run the verify on the disk. I tried this with a iso image and a real cd both will verify OK on other units and both will fail on the DC7900.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.