Touchy NIC ports - Disconnects and speed negotiation issues on DL380p Gen8 4-port 1GbE 331FLR card (288 Views)
Occasional Collector
pauldoom
Message 1 of 1 (288 Views)

Touchy NIC ports - Disconnects and speed negotiation issues on DL380p Gen8 4-port 1GbE 331FLR card

I have three identical 380 Gen8s with the 331FLR as well as a quad port 1GbE PCIe NIC (NC365T).  Every single one of the 331FLR ports is very sensitive to even the slightest movement of cable.  I have to jiggle each connection till it is just right, else the port only trains to 100Mbps if it connects at all.

I have 2 different switch brands and I have replaced cables (all manufactured Cat6 patches with plain ends).  The issue is the same no matter what I connect to.  The NC365T on the other hand has been nearly perfect and links up reliably every time.

Has anyone else seen this?  I don't want to add in another round of NC365Ts just to resolve a simple layer 1 issue.

-Paul

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation