Re: SPP Requires HP USB Key Creator Utility Version 1.7.0.0 - Download?? (36538 Views)
Occasional Contributor
PDV HP
Message 1 of 6 (36,570 Views)
Accepted Solution

SPP Requires HP USB Key Creator Utility Version 1.7.0.0 - Download??

[ Edited ]

I see from this file, version 1.7.0.0 is required to put SPP on a bootable USB thumb drive. Searching only comes up with version 1.6.0.0. Where can version 1.7.0.0 be downloaded from?  Version 1.6.0.0 does not work to create the bootable USB for SPP. I did see a post that suggested putting the SPP to DVD then run the USB Key Creator Utility, I'd like to skip that step.

Thanks,

Dan Foxley

ftp://15.217.49.75/ftp2/pub/softlib2/software1/doc/p2028536279/v74552/Readme.txt

Installing from a USB key 
-------------------------
Complete the following steps to flash the HDD firmware using a USB Key:

1.Download the ISO image of the SPP 20xx.xx.x (Where xx.xx.x is the latest version of the SPP) 
on a temporary directory from HP.com. 

2.Download the HP USB Key Creator Utility Version 1.7.0.0 or later on a temporary directory.
(HP USB Key Creator Utility is available on the HP Support & Drivers web site on HP.com) 

3.Run the HP USB key Creator Utility to create the USB key with the SPP . 

4.Boot from the newly created USB key. 
HP Pro
Priyansha
Message 2 of 6 (36,538 Views)

Re: SPP Requires HP USB Key Creator Utility Version 1.7.0.0 - Download??

Hi,

Please find the link to download the HP USB Key Creator Utility Version 1.7.0.0

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star.

For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

Thank you,
Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star.
For HP Guided Troubleshooting; www.hp.com/support/hpgt
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03283214
Occasional Contributor
PDV HP
Message 3 of 6 (36,511 Views)

I guess the referencing TXT file is incorrect about version 1.7.0.0 of the HP USB Key Utility being able to create a bootable USB drive. After installing version 1.7.0.0 of the HP USB Key Utility I'm still getting an error:

This CD/DVD does no support USB Key creation from an ISO file. Please use physical CD/DVD media to create the USB Key.

Any hopes for an updated HP USB Key Utility that will do this directly?

Thanks,

Dan

Honored Contributor
Jimmy Vance
Message 4 of 6 (36,496 Views)

I'm not seeing your error message. With v1.6 I was able to select the SPP .iso image and transfer it to a key

Occasional Contributor
PDV HP
Message 5 of 6 (36,481 Views)

Re: SPP Requires HP USB Key Creator Utility Version 1.7.0.0 - Download?? | SOLVED

Jimmy,

Thanks for the sanity check. After further troubleshooting, uninstall, reinstall, mount the ISO etc....I thought to re-download - where I see:

These are SPP non-bootable subsets which support current DL, ML, and SL platforms, for the OSes specified. 

I'm a chucklehead, I didn't notice that the Windows only is NON- Bootable. I need to download the 1.5 Gig file, I was thinking I could just get the 537 MB Windows only, originally.

Dan

Honored Contributor
Jimmy Vance
Message 6 of 6 (36,477 Views)

Re: SPP Requires HP USB Key Creator Utility Version 1.7.0.0 - Download?? | SOLVED

Glad you got it working. I myself hadn't noticed the subset versions were not bootable

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.