Re: ML350 G3 BIOS power settings?? (360 Views)
Regular Advisor
Tom Lyczko
Message 1 of 3 (360 Views)

ML350 G3 BIOS power settings??

I work for a non-profit agency in NY State. We have 2 ML350 servers which shut down fine through our UPSes.

However, when power is restored, they don't restart. I have been told by APC that I should look for a BIOS setting which allows determining what to do when the power is restored: 1) turn on or restart; 2) stay off (I don't want this); 3) return to last state (I've been warned this is not good/useful).

I've gone through the RBSU twice and found nothing. I don't know if such a setting would be in the SmartArray 641/642 controller settings, nor how to find it...I don't want to take any chances of messing up our RAID array!!! :) :)

We have DL-series servers running Citrix etc., and those restarted fine after a power outage, but the ML350s did not, sigh, so that's why I am investigating this topic.

I found the manual for the RBSU but no help there either.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope someone can help me!

Thank you, Tom
Valued Contributor
Marko H.
Message 2 of 3 (360 Views)

Re: ML350 G3 BIOS power settings??

Hello Tom

Perhaps you will find some help on this link:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=739201
Regular Advisor
Tom Lyczko
Message 3 of 3 (360 Views)

Re: ML350 G3 BIOS power settings??

Hello Marko, I'm new to this, so I have to read up on the points system so I know how many points to give for different answers.

Your post was helpful...though I've already applied the MS hotfix that's related to the other post you gave me but I will follow up further.

I think what I need to do now is find out how I can update the RBSU itself to version 2.1 to expose the "Server Availability" section, then I can set the server to do as I wish above.

We have 4 vintage 2004 servers on RBSU 2.0, and 2 vintage 2005 servers on RBSU 2.1, which permits telling the server what to do when power is restored.

I will post a new thread about this question.

Thank you, Tom
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.