Re: Impossible to get Server Driver - Blocked during new Server Installation right now (150 Views)
Collector
Bretzel
Message 1 of 5 (198 Views)

Impossible to get Server Driver - Blocked during new Server Installation right now

[ Edited ]

I hope this is a Joke, but i can't access any Drivers for my Server (no Warranty left since few months). 

Now I need to reinstall one of them, and what surprise, I cant access the Firmware upgrades nor the Drivers!

The Support is very incompetent and tells me, what the slow webinterface from HP Support Site is telling me too, that there is no Warranty left. 

Well, i'm standing from a desicion to buy new Servers, and this wouldn't be HP-Servers for Sure. 

Slow Site (>30 Sec to respond), incompetent Support, no Access to the elementary Drivers is really frustrating. How could this happend?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Servers > General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 2 of 5 (159 Views)

Re: Impossible to get Server Driver - Blocked during new Server Installation right now

Without any information about what kind of server and driver you're hunting there's no way for anybody else to help you either. 

Click the Kudos Star if this was a good post.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Robert_Jewell
Message 3 of 5 (155 Views)

Re: Impossible to get Server Driver - Blocked during new Server Installation right now

No warranty left?   Your problems are probably due to this:

http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Technical-Support-Services-Blog/Customers-for-life/ba-p/154423#.Uvp9qPl...

-Bob

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 4 of 5 (150 Views)

Bob is correct - this is due to the policy change regarding firmware updates.

Additional information can be found here: http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Technical-Support-Services-Blog/More-information-on-HP-firmware-availab...

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Vijayasarathy
Message 5 of 5 (122 Views)

The change for ProLiant Servers are only for system ROM and complex programming logic devices (CPLD) firmware. Validation is not required for iLO, I/O, or controller firmware. Safety and security related updates for all firmware will remain available without validation.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I am an HP employee.

To say thanks give 'Kudos' by clicking the white Kudos star!!!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation