Re: ILO Firmware update via command line with ipmitool. (188 Views)
Advisor
yesilbeyaz
Message 26 of 35 (283 Views)

Re: ILO Firmware update via command line with ipmitool.

Thats exactly what I will go to try.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
yesilbeyaz
Message 27 of 35 (266 Views)

I can not make it work. Download link for USB Media Key here does not contain bootable iso. So I edited an other bootable iso for some other server model and changed files within iso and tried with that new iso. It was fine to boot from iso and when flash process starter from pxe, I got an error that says no rom file is found to flash.

Maybe I do something wrong but do not think so. So do you know a way to make an iso from above usb media key download link for ROMPaq Flat Files folder?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jimmy Vance
Message 28 of 35 (245 Views)

No downloads for this firmware are an ISO image. You have can either build the bootable USB key (windows based tool) or you can use the online tool from the running OS. Debian/Ubuntu isn't listed, but have you tried executing the .scexe file from your host OS? This is the file you need for a DL180 G6 which is shown as the server model in one of the screenshots you posted earlier

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw/p809436880/v89290/CP021014.scexe

If you want to boot from a USB key to updarte you will need this file

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3884340&sp...

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Torsten.
Message 29 of 35 (236 Views)

done?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

There are only 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! star in the left column!   
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yesilbeyaz
Message 30 of 35 (224 Views)

Problems are,

All my servers are debian based, so I can not run the file from server. With usb key, as I said servers most of time does not detect virtual media no iso or usb key. So usb boot is not also an option for me. Only option is, PXE boot with iso file. Thats why I need iso file. But most of firmware download pages states to USB media key. And I am looking for a working way to make these usb media files iso file. Probably pxe boot will work. Other wise, I will visit datacenter :)

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jimmy Vance
Message 31 of 35 (214 Views)

yesilbeyaz wrote:

All my servers are debian based, so I can not run the file from server.
jv> What kind of error do you get when you try to execute the .scexe file?
Only option is, PXE boot with iso file. Thats why I need iso file.  And I am looking for a working way to make these usb media files iso file.
jv> grab a fedora or opensuse live image, PXE boot from the image, download the .scexe into the live image, or drop the .scexe on a web server and then use wget to pull it over, chmod +x on the .scexe and run it

Please use plain text.
Advisor
yesilbeyaz
Message 32 of 35 (208 Views)

1. There is no debian version.  Look here. Or am I missing something? I am not a linux expert.

2. Do you think I can flash so. Running scexe on a live cd.?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jimmy Vance
Message 33 of 35 (200 Views)

yesilbeyaz wrote:

1. There is no debian version.  Look here. Or am I missing something? I am not a linux expert.

jv> Correct there is no official Debian version, but there is no reason that the file listed shouldn't work on Debian unless there is some dependency missing. It's either going to work, or give you an error.

2. Do you think I can flash so. Running scexe on a live cd.?

jv> I've never tried, but pulling it into the RAM disk of a live image should work as well. Again, unless there is a dependency missing. It will either work or give you an error.

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Torsten.
Message 34 of 35 (195 Views)

I really wonder why this thread is now in "PC Software"???

However the most simple method is using the USB thumb drive - plug the stick in, boot and press ENTER to confirm the update. This works for sure.

I understand you want to do this from remote.

I would extract the firmware bundle, put the CPQ... FW image file on a TFTP server and update from the LO100 interface.

Remember, this must by TFTP, not FTP.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

There are only 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! star in the left column!   
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yesilbeyaz
Message 35 of 35 (188 Views)

ok everyone thank you all. I will try scexe if not succeed I will visit datacenter.

Spoiler

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation