07-17-2013 08:54 AM
any memory professional over here? I've got a DL160G5 with 4GB memory, 4 modules in slots 1, 3, 5 and 7. These are single rank modules (part no. 398707-051). Now memory must be extended to 16GB, but I'm not sure about how to populate the slots. Is it ok to populate slots 2 and 4 with 2GB modules and slots 6 and 8 with 4GB modules?
Thanks for a hint,
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-17-2013 12:35 PM - edited 07-18-2013 02:21 AM
You must follow the guidelines when adding or replacing memory modules:
• For 2P system, both physical processors must be of the same type and speed.
• Use 667 DDR2/4.0 GHz FBD (Fully Buffered DIMM)
• Supported DIMM capacity: 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB and 4 GB
• Supported configuration
○ Two DIMMs: Identical model in XMM1 & XMM3
○ Four DIMMs: Identical pair in XMM1/XMM3, and the other identical pair in XMM5/XMM7
○ Eight DIMMs: Identical pair in XMM1/3, XMM5/7, XMM2/4, XMM6/8
The Memories should be installed in pairs and be a match for optimum performance
The DL160 G5 server has eight DIMM slots that support up to 32 GB maximum system memory (4GB in each of the eight DIMM slots).
Below you have the quickspecs