10-14-2011 01:09 PM
I've got Proliant DL 160 G6 with RAID-1 on double of HP SAS 300 GB 15k HDDs. This server doesn't have any jobs right now. So, HDDs are not loaded.
I wonted to test RAID. So, I disconnected one of HDDs and then connected back. Rebuild lasts for about 11 hours already. Is that OK?
10-16-2011 08:57 PM
Time required for a rebuild
The time required for a rebuild varies, depending on several factors:
• The priority that the rebuild is given over normal I/O operations.Change the priority setting with ACU.
• The amount of I/O activity during the rebuild operation
• The rotational speed of the hard drives
• The brand, model, and age of the drives
• The amount of unused capacity on the drives
Allow approximately 15 minutes per gigabyte for the rebuild process to complete.
System performance is affected during the rebuild, and the system is unprotected against further drive failure until the rebuild has finished.
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details
Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!