Re: DL380 G5, Smart Array 400r, Displaying Missing Disk (152 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Daygo
Message 1 of 5 (152 Views)

DL380 G5, Smart Array 400r, Displaying Missing Disk

Hello,

Ok, this has me well and truely confussed.

One of my customers change a disk, on a Raid 0&1, but it failed to pick the new disk up.

On further investigation, the array is saying that it has a 'MISSING DISK IN BAY 2', put physically the disk is there, and the bay appears to be ok.

We have tried moving the 'GOOD' disk into various other slots, with a new disk in BAY2, but it still displays 'MISSING DISK'.

I have created a logical disk using the disk in BAY2, so I think its unlikely to be a physical problem with the BAY or DISK, but I can't the existing array to pick the new disk up.

At this moment the customer doesn't want to delete and recreate the array, and then restore. But I can't see any other way round it.

Any help would be very welcome.

Pete
Honored Contributor
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Message 2 of 5 (152 Views)

Re: DL380 G5, Smart Array 400r, Displaying Missing Disk

hi,

what about the firmware on the RAID controller ??? I f you call to HP theay will ask you as first if the firmware is the lastest.

In my opinion, i would recommend to update the firmware off all components, if not them at least on the raod controller, the update the ACU.

mikap
Occasional Advisor
Daygo
Message 3 of 5 (152 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, however that has already been done. I don;t have the details to hand, but I'm told that they are up to date.
Honored Contributor
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Message 4 of 5 (152 Views)

hi,

in this case i would recomend to open a HW call in HP if you have valid contract/support.

mikap
Occasional Advisor
Daygo
Message 5 of 5 (152 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but I am an H.P engineer.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.