11-10-2012 09:26 AM
For personal use last year I bought a used DL360 G3 dual xeon server, last week I found myself needing to use iLo.
iLo works but it doesn't allow for 'gui' which it says can be unlocked by buying iLo advanced licence.
Through HP's site I found I could obtain a demo key, for trial use (60 day iirc) So got it but this iLo trial key doesn't get accepted?
Server iLo details
iLO Firmware Version: 1.41
I'm sure there might be a newer firmware available but not sure how far I can go on my g3, server is in a remote data centre, and although there is a way of uploading a new firmware image remotely there is little guidence as to where to obtain such an image file for remote firmware upgrade.
Activation Key Status
License Key: not applicable.
Any advice welcome, I'd really like to know why the trial key doesn't work.
11-10-2012 11:44 AM
A DL360 G3 is a retired product (its Quickspecs document was last updated in year 2004), so I guess you bought an used server.
If the trial key won't be accepted, it probably means the previous owner has already used up the 60-day trial period.
The trial license key is supposed to work only once in the server's lifetime. If there is a way to reset it, only HP knows how.
The standard way to find downloadables (drivers & firmware updates etc.) for your HP product is applicable:
- Go to http://www.hp.com/go/support
- Select "Drivers & Software"
- Type in your server model ("DL360 G3" is enough in this case)
- (If your model was ambiguous, the website will display a list of models to choose from)
- Then a list of supported OSs is presented: choose whatever is appropriate to you
- Then you'll see a list of all the downloads applicable to your combination of hardware & OS. Click on the name of the download to get more information, including release notes, installation instructions etc. If you already know your way around HP drivers & firmware updates, feel free to click the "download" button directly.
The latest iLO firmware version for your hardware is 1.94.