12-11-2007 10:37 AM
Are there some official way to solve problems with Windows 2003 installation on to DL140 G3 raid controller? Maybe this server hardawe was especialy desined to use with Linux?
Thanx for attention.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-11-2007 11:11 AM
The official way is you purchase the supported HP USB floppy drive or USB floppy/key and load the driver with it.
Other ways are integrating the drivers with nlite, edit files on the driver so it supports non-HP floppy drives, load the driver on a USB floppy and USB key at the same time...
The note is on the Quickspecs, which you're supposed to read before purchasing a server:
NOTE: A diskette drive is needed to install storage controller drivers during a Windows operating system installation from a CD
HP 1GB USB 2.0 Floppy Drive Key 442085-B21
HP 256MB USB 2.0 Floppy Drive Key 442084-B21
USB 1.44-MB External Diskette Drive DC141B
USB Floppy Drive DC361B
12-11-2007 01:15 PM
you have SAS or SATA controller??
download the correct driver
try this steps they worked for me
ProLiant Servers - How to Install OS on Embedded Sata Raid Controller with Out Floppy Drive or Slipstreaming OS CD
Most of the 100 series and 300 series servers does not go with the floppy drives and customer not able to install OS as he is not able to inject/supply Raid controller Driver. Customer has to use a Floppy Drive or a Slipstreaming OS CD.
Follow the steps below and there is no need to use Floppy Drive or a Slipstreaming OS CD:
1. Install the OS with Embedded SATA RAID Disabled (No Drivers or F6 required) on one Harddrive.
2. Once OS is installed, Extract the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers to a folder. HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003:
Click here to go to HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003 http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/
Go to Control Panel-> Add New Hardware->Device is connected->New Hardware->Raid Controller->Have Disk->Browse to the folder where the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers were extracted. Select the .inf file->Install Adaptec Raid Driver.
4. Restart the Server go to BIOS enable the Embedded SATA RAID.
5. Press F8 and go to Sata Raid BIOS->Configure the Drives->Create Array->Raid 0/1 A warning message will appear " Warning: Configuring the drives will erase all Array information from the selected drives, if that drive is part of an array. Arrays using any of these drives as members will be affected! Do you want to continue?(Yes/No): ". Press "Y" to continue.
6. If Raid 1 is selected it will ask you what is the Source Disk, select the Right Disk in which OS was installed previously. Warning message might appear again. Select " Y".
7. Rebuild will take sometime, once rebuild is complete restart the server.
Once rebooted Raid would be detected and windows would boot up, in windows it would detect new hardware and Adaptec Raid drivers will be installed. Now Server is built migrated to Raid Successfully.
12-11-2007 09:44 PM
Thanx for Karlo for full described way how to solv my problem.
Nearest three days I would try you recomendation and post tha results here.