06-27-2012 05:44 AM - edited 06-27-2012 06:08 AM
I would like to Purchase a HP Proliant ML 110 G7 server in Singapore. I will be purchasing with additional 3 years Next Business day on site warranty. The Server comes with default 1 year Warranty (Next Business day on site warranty)
My Question is
1. If I purchase additional 3 years warranty, my effective warranty is 4 years or 3 years from the purchase date as already there is 1 year warranty.
2. This server comes with DVD ROM. Suppose if I have a spare DVD RW Drive, Can I replace the Drive on my own? If so what will be the impact on warranty(Server). I don't expect this warranty to cover my replaced DVD RW drive.
3. This server comes with 4GB RAM. If I upgrade using RAM (Compatible RAM) purchased from Retail stores as per the HP Specification, Can you provide more information how the warranty will be affected? What will be covered and what will not be covered?
4. I am planning to install Ubuntu 12.04 Server. This Server is listed under Hardware compatibility. I did not see any driver for this Server from HP website. Does HP Supports officially UBUNTU 12.04 on this server? If so where should I get the latest driver.
According to Ubuntu Website, This server is certified http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/20120
In HP website officially claims they support Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
But Under product driver is not listed.
Note: I have tried to contact HP Support (Chat) In Singapore and Support Person in the chat redirected me to http://www.hp.com/sbso/assist/chat.html
Again Another chat room the support Person asked me to contact Singapore.
So no solution..
Hope someone answers.
06-27-2012 07:30 PM
Regarding your query, here is what you can refer to:
1. Speak to a HP Reseller or Retailer or HP Presales in Singapore.
2. Refer to the warranty terms and conditions PDF attached in this post.
3. Refer to the warranty terms and conditions PDF attached in this post.
4. I guess there are no drivers required because the iso image itself has pre installed drivers and certified for this model of server.
Server QuickSpecs and Additional Warranty
HP 3 year Next business day ProLiant ML110 Hardware Support U4433E
06-28-2012 08:23 AM
> Spare drive that you will replace by yourself will not be covered , however it will not affect the warranty on the server
> you can upgrade the memory however when it goes faulty keep the invoice handy as extra modules are bought separately
06-29-2012 05:43 AM - edited 06-29-2012 05:46 AM
Thank you for providing the link. Regarding Warranty some of the terms are written by a lawyer it is lot of information to be digested for individuals.
I need some time to go through these. So Time being I pause on warranty..
Your feedback regarding Ubutu is useful and Thank you once again.Your answer for this is crystal clear.