Re: Procure switch. Identify connections on switch ports. (204 Views)
Advisor
aurimas
Message 1 of 3 (230 Views)
Accepted Solution

Procure switch. Identify connections on switch ports.

Hi,

I need to enable BPDU guard on procure ports where servers and computers are connected to the switch. Could you please advise how could I identify if server or another switch is connected to the port.

I tried "sh mac-address" on the switch and for example port 5 shows 23 different mac addresses. So it is confusing. We have couple ASA routers and around 10 switches.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
paulgear
Message 2 of 3 (226 Views)

Re: Procure switch. Identify connections on switch ports.

Hi Aurimas,

The best way to work out which ports are switches is to use LLDP/CDP.  The command you're looking for is 'show lldp info remote-device'.  This will show you all switches and routers that have LLDP or CDP enabled.  You may have to explicitly enable CDP on your Cisco devices (i can't remember whether it's turned on by default).

Regards,
Paul
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
cenk sasmaztin
Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)

Re: Procure switch. Identify connections on switch ports.

can get all mac table with snmp

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=...

in this way you see all other equipment on your switches ports (server,router,switch,pc,printer etc.)

cenk

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation