MPE (HP3000) - report is not fitted to the paper after printing to new printer. large font (303 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ivan_Gui
Message 1 of 3 (303 Views)

MPE (HP3000) - report is not fitted to the paper after printing to new printer. large font

I have following codes in my job to print report TESTRPT1, and it works good, and the printed report looks good as well.

!NBS

ALTER #*,TESTRPT1;STATE=READY

COPY  #*,TESTRPT1 TO PRISERV;LPR;DEST='TEST4P0X';PRINTER=RAW

!EXIT

Recently, we were replacing the old printer TEST4P0X with new printer TEST11PRN07, and we changed the codes to following ones, also  we have added the new printer to HOSTS.NET.SYS.... The updated codes work good, but the  printed report is not fitted to the paper, it is very large font. can you please give me some suggestions, thanks. 

!NBS

ALTER #*,TESTRPT1;STATE=READY

COPY  #*,TESTRPT1 TO TEST11PRN07;LPR;DEST='TEST11PRN07';PRINTER=RAW

EXIT

!

Appricate with your help with this!

Trusted Contributor
donna hofmeister
Message 2 of 3 (299 Views)

Re: MPE (HP3000) - report is not fitted to the paper after printing to new printer. large font

you're using NBSPOOL and not native mpe printing.

please take a look at this: http://www.hpmmsupport.com/MPE%20Manual/B3933-90002.pdf

(preferrably even download it so that you have a copy!)

if you jump to pdf page 108 (pg 3-63) you'll see a discussion about printer setup.  i suggest you try one of the options other than raw.

Occasional Visitor
Ivan_Gui
Message 3 of 3 (296 Views)

Re: MPE (HP3000) - report is not fitted to the paper after printing to new printer. large font

Thank you, Donna. i will have a look at the PDF and try other options
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.