Re: High speed duplex printers for HP3k (239 Views)
Regular Advisor
DavidJ
Message 1 of 7 (239 Views)

High speed duplex printers for HP3k

Does anyone know of 3rd party printers that can connect to the 3000 'hassle free' and can print at 26pp full duplex as a minimum spec?

HP will only be releasing their 50pp printer in May/June 2001 and this will not give me the duplex speed I need.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
paul courry
Message 2 of 7 (239 Views)

Re: High speed duplex printers for HP3k

This is not an answer to your question directly, however...........

Have you considered platooning two or more slower printers to the same device class, such as LP? What will hapen is that the first print job goes to the first available printer, the next job sees the first is busy and searches for the second available printer and prints there. You may platoon as many printers together as you need. This effectively, if not actually, increases the page-per-minute capacity of the device class.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
DavidJ
Message 3 of 7 (239 Views)

Thanks Paul, but this will not solve my printing problem as I currently have 8 X 5Si's and 4 X 8000dn printers on my main print bank and these print at +- 6 - 8 ppm full duplex. My print volumes are close to 750000 pages per month. Throwing more printers at this volume which is set to increase soon will NOT solve my problem. What I need is a few (about 4) high volume, high speed quality duplex printers. It's a pity that HP does not have printers capable of printing at these speeds!!!
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Loren Blakeney
Message 4 of 7 (239 Views)

Take a look at the Kentek K40DXE printer,
www.kentek.com.

This printer prints duplex at 40ppm and emulates HP PCL 5e, Postscript.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Loren Blakeney
Message 5 of 7 (239 Views)

David,

Have you had a chance to look at the Kentek Printers? Let me know if this was any help?

Thanks,

Loren Blakeney
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
DavidJ
Message 6 of 7 (239 Views)

Loren, thanks for the 'pointer'. I have contacted some suppliers and they talk about 40 IMAGES per minute which will give me 20 ppm in full duplex. I am arranging for a demo machine to be installed and will let you know what the outcome of this will be.

David.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
DavidJ
Message 7 of 7 (239 Views)

closing all open threads
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation