"hpbdsservice.exe" What is it and why am I getting error messages needing to be sent to Microsoft! (1073 Views)
Occasional Advisor
bowzerbird
Message 1 of 1 (1,073 Views)

"hpbdsservice.exe" What is it and why am I getting error messages needing to be sent to Microsoft!

Recently, I bought an HP Laserjet 400 color M451dn printer. Had problems installing the drivers but HP was VERY helpful over the phone working me through the installation. Works great, love it!! I posted the solution for those with the installation problem!! HP was really VERY helpful!!

BUT  .  .  .   Every now & then [once, twice a week] Microsoft wants me to send error reports to them regarding "hpbdsservice.exe." There are usually 4-5 reports. Probably should have done a copy & paste of the reports but if anyone here has had the same problem I'd appreciate some input.

Like: why, what is it and what to do about it. Don't want to delete it or disable it. Would just like to know what it is and its function. If it can OR should be disabled and no harm would be done by doing so, hey, I'll do it. I always send the reports but haven't heard from Microsoft regarding the errors. [Like I really would ;>D]. Oh no, Bill, Steve, I've fallen down and can't get up!! ;>))

I just want to know what it is, functionality etc. and Google hasn't been very helpful researching it. Oh, foowee!

Thanks in advance,

Ellen

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.