printer says printing document but will not print. anything (661 Views)
Occasional Visitor
cees bondt
Message 1 of 8 (661 Views)

printer says printing document but will not print. anything

Since just recently - I use the printer already two years now - my HP 2605DN color laserprinter says document printing - even internal service documents (demopage, printer reports), but the printer remains completely silent: it does not attempt to grab some paper or is not initializing. Nothing!
What could be happenend and how to resolve. Are there fuses to be replaced, etc?

H E L P
Occasional Visitor
laura watson
Message 2 of 8 (661 Views)

Re: printer says printing document but will not print. anything

Same problem!!!
control panel says "printing document" and ready light flashes, but nothing prints. I have tried updating firmware, reinstalling software, replacing cartridges. I tried resetting. (select and cancel button)
engine test button does print.
Occasional Visitor
laura watson
Message 3 of 8 (661 Views)

Also, the printer will NOT print the configuration page from the control panel. It just keeps blinking "document printing.
Occasional Visitor
cees bondt
Message 4 of 8 (661 Views)

Suggestions at this side are replacing the DC controller board or formatter board . . .
Any thoughts ?

cees

Occasional Visitor
Aaron Mackay
Message 5 of 8 (661 Views)

I'm another owner of a 2605dn that does the same thing. Seems to do it after it sits a while (week or 2) between uses. If I send a job and it does this I have to cancel the job, power off and back on the printer, and re-send the job. For a test once I tried to print a demo page right from the printer buttons after it had sat, same thing...
Occasional Visitor
Scott Grossman
Message 6 of 8 (661 Views)

I am also experiencing the same issue, printer says Printing Document, but nothing is happening.

Anyone find an resolution for this yet?
Occasional Visitor
jason98
Message 7 of 8 (661 Views)

I have the same problem did anybody find a solution yet. I have not been able to find anything.
Trusted Contributor
robertsk
Message 8 of 8 (661 Views)

I believe ther is a hole in the back of that printer that will perform an engine test
you will need to use something around the size of a paper clip to press the button in this hole and it should print an engine test page.
The page will just have vertical lines on it
If this prints and you are still having the same Issues it is more than likely a bad formatter( Main Logic Board )

Hope This Helps
Ken
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.