paper jam check rear door - laserjet 4050 (4905 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA1238706
Message 1 of 6 (4,905 Views)

paper jam check rear door - laserjet 4050

hp laser jet 4050 worked wonderful for years. Yesterday cleaned the inside with air. Worked for 5 minutes then stopped. Error message: Paper jam check rear door.

No paper jam - we checked. Took out all the paper. Opened all the drawers, etc. Put everything back together. On plugging is same paper jam check rear door.
Please help.
Michael
Trusted Contributor
CA1192780
Message 2 of 6 (4,905 Views)

Re: paper jam check rear door - laserjet 4050

Hi Michael,

When you cleaned "with air" the interior it's possible that you had disturbed the exit sensor. It's located in the fuser, at the back of the printer.
Remove the back door (just squese both end of the door) and look at the fuser, you'l see 2 horizontal cilyndres and in the middle of them there is a vertical sensor. It has to be in vertical position and if you pull towards you it must come back in vertical position. In other words, it has to move forth and back.
I'll give you this link to guide you in removing the fusing assy, to see the sensor better.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpl11837
Keep me up-dated!
Occasional Visitor
Rita Goodwin
Message 3 of 6 (4,905 Views)

I had the same problem and had another response basically saying the same thing, however this gave a little more detail. I removed the rear door, took out the duplexor, found the sensor, put it all back together and it's working fine. You saved me a service call from a service guy! :) thanks.
Occasional Visitor
CA1238706
Message 4 of 6 (4,905 Views)

Thank you for your help. The printer now works but the left side of the page is not printing clearly. 7mm on the left side is blured and really bothers us. This is the reason we tried cleaning it out in the first place. Any ideas?
Trusted Contributor
CA1192780
Message 5 of 6 (4,905 Views)

Michael, based on your first and last posts, my strong advice is to remove the fuser assembly (look in the my prevoius reply) and look on the 2 cilynders inside the fuser
One of them is broken.
Or (but I don't think so) the blury part is caused by the toner.
Firs look at the fuser!!
Occasional Visitor
promguide
Message 6 of 6 (4,572 Views)

I have the same problem. I was able to remove the rear door but cannot find the fuse.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.