p4515 firmware upgrade reset engine cycles count (897 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Noah Adams
Message 1 of 5 (897 Views)

p4515 firmware upgrade reset engine cycles count

I just performed a firmware upgrade on a p4515tn using the HP Web Jetadmin software. After the upgrade, the engine cycles count have been reset to 0. If I print out a config page, it still shows the proper "Pages since last maintenance" of 185,587.

Other printers that I've upgraded have not had this issue. Does anyone know what went wrong? This kind of sucks, because now the HP Web Jetadmin software doesn't show the proper count along with the other 39 devices in the list.

Esteemed Contributor
Pier3v
Message 2 of 5 (893 Views)

Re: p4515 firmware upgrade reset engine cycles count

As a rule of thumbs you should always print config pages, consumables status page and usage page before doing any reset or upgrade because it is always a possibility that something gets erased or modified.

Having all the pages printed out, allows you to enter the service mode and reset the values that got lost/changed during the resets or upgrades.

Now you are stuck with it.

Occasional Advisor
Noah Adams
Message 3 of 5 (878 Views)

Occasional Advisor
Noah Adams
Message 4 of 5 (875 Views)

Test reply... forum keeps posting blank replies from me :(
Occasional Advisor
Noah Adams
Message 5 of 5 (874 Views)

Okay... here was my original reply (ish).

I guess that means that I won't be able to schedule off-hours firmware upgrades. Perhaps I'd be better leaving well enough alone.

In this case, I'll go into maint mode and change engine cycles (if I can figure that out) to close to what they should be. It's more so I can track pages printed in WebJetadmin, which only has an "engine cycles" column.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.