laserjet 4050n - 20 insufficient memory error sometimes (2095 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Martin Hunter
Message 1 of 3 (2,095 Views)

laserjet 4050n - 20 insufficient memory error sometimes

We print to the 4050n from several Mac OS X computers. It prints fine most of the time, but while printing one particular layout from FileMaker Pro using any computer we get a "20 insufficient memory" error on the printer and the job times out.

It doesn't seem to make any difference if I choose to print just one page of the report or the whole thing. Other identical-appearing layouts in FileMaker print okay.

The printer originally had 16MB of memory. When we started encountering this error I upgraded it to 144MB, but the problem has not been solved.
Esteemed Contributor
CA1085692
Message 2 of 3 (2,095 Views)

Re: laserjet 4050n - 20 insufficient memory error sometimes

Hi Martin Hunter,

Try to follow all instruction in the referance document link dow for HP LaserJet Series Printers - PostScript Errors, Out of Memory Errors, or Image Clipping in Various Publishing Applications

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=2...

A main solution is :
Try selecting the generic PPD in the applicationâ s print settings

Hope your problem resolved , let's know
if your problem still not solved..

Regards,
Nkass
There are no short cuts to anything worth doing
Occasional Visitor
Martin Hunter
Message 3 of 3 (2,095 Views)

Re: laserjet 4050n - 20 insufficient memory error sometimes

Nkass, thanks for the tip, but... FileMaker does not have an option to change the PPD within the program, unlike Quark or the the various Adobe programs.

I tried changing the system PPD to the generic postscript printer and get the same error message. This occurs even when trying to print just a single page of the offending FileMaker layout. Other FileMaker layouts and other programs print just fine.

Sorry for the slow response. This printer is at a client site and I only get there every few days.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.