laserjet 3055 scan to email setup issues (1270 Views)
Occasional Visitor
adotMHC
Message 1 of 4 (1,270 Views)

laserjet 3055 scan to email setup issues

I have a HP LaserJet 3055 MFP and I'd like to set it up to scan to email. It's on my network but not directly attached to any computer (via USB or any other means). Printing works fine but how do I set it up to scan to email? All of the programs I've tried to install (hp_LJ3050-3052-3055-3390-3392_Full_Solution_AMWE.exe, lj3050x-309x-PCL6-pnp-win-en.exe, FixScanUtility3_1.exe) error out on both Windows XP and 7 (32bit) machines I've tried them on. I'd really prefer to not have to hook this up to a machine via usb as it's at a remote location.

Thanks for any help!

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 4 (1,254 Views)

Re: laserjet 3055 scan to email setup issues

How have you tried to configure it?  Using ToolboxFX or the EWS?

From the manual, it appears you can only scan to email of you connect to the PC first, USB.

Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 3 of 4 (1,246 Views)

Unfortunately the 3055 is not a high level unit, email is supported through the application software, not through direct selection from the device.

If you need stand alone functionality you may need to use a different device.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Occasional Visitor
adotMHC
Message 4 of 4 (1,245 Views)

Thanks for your reply!

I tried hooking it up via USB today and was able to get the software installed after a few reboots / fixes. The scanning wouldn't work to a public share or direct to the machine and an email client on the host machine is required to do the scan to email which leads me to believe it would need to stay usb connected even if it did work. I'm just going to get a newer scanner with builtin email functions and repurpose this older device to a different location. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.