hp laserjet 2300dn Duplex Printing Jam (3633 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Christina  Blades
Message 1 of 9 (3,633 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp laserjet 2300dn Duplex Printing Jam

Our hp laserjet 2300dn printer jams whenever we want to dulpex print. The 1st page prints successfully - then it feeds back into the printer preparing to print side 2 but stalls/jams as the page re-enters. Single sided printing doesn't have a problem. Any troubleshooting ideas? The printer is 2 yrs old (never had a problem until now) and networked to imacs running OS 10.3.8.

thanks

Christina
Advisor
CA1277998
Message 2 of 9 (3,633 Views)

Re: hp laserjet 2300dn Duplex Printing Jam

1ST thing you need to do is take out the tray 2 & you can see around the bottom printer , in between tray whole right side
have green level , try to adjust the metal level will drop down. after that you try to see around the metal area see any paper jam inside.
i hope can help you to solve you problem
Occasional Visitor
Christina  Blades
Message 3 of 9 (3,633 Views)

Patrick - you're the best!. That was the problem - there was paper in there. I didn't know about the green lever and of course HP don't mention it in the manual they send you along with the machine. We saved $80 - which is the amount HP was going to charge for walking us over trying to fix it over the telephone. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Christina
Occasional Visitor
pete khooshabeh
Message 4 of 9 (3,633 Views)

I am having a similar problem with the 2300dn. It prints the first double-sided page fine, but then it jams when it tries to get the second page. When I open the top cover and take the ink cartridge out, I notice that the printer has grabbed 2 pieces of paper instead of 1. The two pieces of paper are probably causing the jam.
Occasional Visitor
Generous
Message 5 of 9 (3,200 Views)

I have the same proble "I am having a similar problem with the 2300dn. It prints the first double-sided page fine, but then it jams when it tries to get the second page. When I open the top cover and take the ink cartridge out, I notice that the printer has grabbed 2 pieces of paper instead of 1. The two pieces of paper are probably causing the jam."  May I get the suggestion please?

Occasional Visitor
nutmix
Message 6 of 9 (2,679 Views)

I have exactly the same problem.  I.e. single sided prints fine, but always duplex fails after printing first page, always sucks in an extra page which jams it.  Getting the pair of jammed pages out requires removint the toner.

No solution found yet.  

Occasional Visitor
nutmix
Message 7 of 9 (2,677 Views)

I did find this post which says its a design fault in the solenoids when the anti bump material decays after some years.  They removed and cleaned the solenoids, and put some tape back (which probably wont last long either).  Looks like a daunting task.  The dont make them like they used to: my HP Laserjet 4 is about 25 years old and still works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtJbJw6m34I

Occasional Visitor
WhereIsTheManua
Message 8 of 9 (2,084 Views)

Re: HP laserjet 2300dn Duplex Printing Jam

I have found a description of the cause of the problem, I now need to find a manual for the Laserjet 2300dn so I can disassemble it in the correct way to replace the bumpers on the solenoids. Why doesn't HP have a link to the printer's service manual? The other places that claim to have it want to take over my browser and do other bad things.

Occasional Visitor
Hughy2
Message 9 of 9 (2,009 Views)

Re: HP laserjet 2300dn Duplex Printing Jam

I have just fixed the problem on an old LJ2200dtn. The culprit was a sticky solenoid but not in the printer but in the optional 500 page paper tray #3. If problem does not occur when the optional tray is removed, fix this first by cleaning the solenoid in the 3rd tray and applying some layers of adhesive tape to the metal arm on the solenoid so it does not stick again. In this case you do not have to dismantle the printer to rework the other solenoids in the printer itself.
Good luck.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.