hp color LaserJet cp2025 (232 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Missan
Message 1 of 3 (232 Views)

hp color LaserJet cp2025

[ Edited ]

My computer crashed and I had to install everything again. But now I have no color on my laserjet. I had it before. The tab "Color" is missing.  When I downloaded the printing drive I chose Universal Printing PCL 6 (v.5.8.0).

I have another computer sharing this printer and there it is working ok. It prints colors. The print driver in this case is PCL 6 (v.5.3). It seems to be an older one so it is strange that a newer don´t work.

Also I am using a printserver. Shall I download the printing drive again and choose the older version (if it is possible)?

If so shall I uninstall the printer and install again.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Printing and Digital Imaging>Software to Laserjets. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
tyekey
Message 2 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: hp color LaserJet cp2025

Hi Missan,

I understand that you are having issues with you LaserJet CP2052 printing color.

1)Please delete the printer software and printer (from the computer having issues).

2)Once you have deleted the software, reboot your computer.

3) After the computer has rebooted, follow this link: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome?sp4ts.oid=3673581&ac.adm...

4) Download and install the latest driver.

5) Your printer should be working properly.

If this resolves your issue, please leave Kudos!

Thanks,

Tyekey

*I work for HP!*

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
ApolloXIII
Message 3 of 3 (106 Views)

Re: hp color LaserJet cp2025

The HP Universal Print Driver relies on bi-directional communication to determine the capabilities of the device.   If the device is powered off or otherwise unavailable when the print queue is created, the driver will default to basic settings such as monochrome, 600 dpi, etc.   

I would recommend that you open the printer properties, click on the Device Settings tab and then scroll down to Automatic Configuration.   Change this setting to "Update Now" and the driver will query the printer.     After the query has completed, this setting will return to "Off'.   

Ciick OK to close the Printer Properties UI and open the printing preferences.   If everything is correctly configured, you should now see the Color tab.  

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation