10-27-2009 06:22 AM - last edited on 02-03-2013 06:11 PM by maikoro
Tell me please how to install the printer HP LaserJet 1010 operating system windows 7 (64) Are there any printer driver for this operating system?
On the Internet there is information stating that you can use the driver from windows vista (64), but using this driver in windows 7 (64), the printer prints each page with an interval of 25 seconds.
P.S. this thread has been moved from Microsoft > Windows 7 to laserJet - HP Forums Moderator
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-24-2009 06:27 AM
I have a similar problem, but my os is 32-bit. When I try to change printer settngs, a crash is observed. As i see from the US site this printer modes is in the category 6 - not supported in win7 devices. Does it mean that the driver will not be produced at all? If yes, is there any "Trade-in" program in Russia?
01-20-2010 06:18 AM
Printer should be offline and Automatic Updates disabled. Othervise Windows will automatically download drivers from the updates.
1. Download the XP driver for HP Laserjet 1010. ( http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
2. Go to Devices and Printers and click the Add Printer button.
3. Click Add a Local Printer.
4. Check Use an Existing Port: LPT1.
5. Select Have Disk and Browse to the location where you have downloaded the XP driver. Select HP1010U.inf file.
6. It will give you an error. It is because the local Printer spooler service has stopped. Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and in the list find Printer Spooler service and with the right click select start. Now go back to the window for installing the printer and click next. It will give you an error that a printer with the same name already exists. Click cancel, go to Devices and printers and refresh the page. You should find the printer with the name you gave. Now right click the Icon, select printer properties and in ports select Dot4.
7. Turn on the printer. Windows should now find the driver for it.
8. When installing the printer on the network you will get the error like in step6. Just restart Printer spooling service on the local machine and it will work.
03-17-2010 07:45 AM
Remember HP makes it money on selling consumables not harware or software. They design new machines to stop the aftermarket taking toner business I pay Â£20 for 1010 toner cartridge Genuine HP is Â£50.
Next printer will be a brother, I bought one ofr my wife and its as good as HP and Cartidges are 1/2 the price.............
04-25-2010 11:54 AM
On the Internet there is information stating that you can use the driver from windows vista (32), but using this driver in windows 7 (32), the printer prints each page with an interval of 25 seconds
02-22-2011 11:54 PM
Too complicated. Just plug-in your LJ 1010, click Start, select Devices and Printers, select Add Printer, select port DOT4_001, click Windows Update and take HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5 (HP). At the end, type your custom name "HP LaserJet 1010". That's all!
03-05-2011 07:43 AM
Yeee peeeeeeeeeeee. This step works. Its taken me over 12 months now to get my LaserJet 1010 printer to work on my new laptop with Windows 7.
I've now successfully setup two laptops with Windows 7 to work with my Laserjet 1010 printer.
You've no idea how thankful I am. Thanks alot.
03-20-2011 05:35 AM
HUGE thanks to Jan Novák ... your tip works brilliantly! I've been trying to make this printer work on my new netbook for ages but nothing has worked until I found this - quick, easy and effective! Thank you very much :D
03-21-2011 12:40 AM
Thanks for the tips - too bad that HP does not give the driver for windows 7 - I was just going to look for a new printer being dammed that this is the second time. 10 years ago the same thing happened. I bought a new computer and my then Epson printer did not work - I had to shift. Since then I have sworn to HP as I did not think this would happen with HP. I have bought 5 HP printers and was so sure that I did not think to check.
HP has to do something about this - I will not be able to say - as I have said in the past 10 years - just by a HP. Then you know what you have got.
04-24-2011 12:19 AM - edited 06-14-2011 03:21 AM
HP LaserJet 1010 for Windows 7 ultim (86)
I'm is Russia. Just plug-in your LJ 1010, click Start, select Devices and Printers, select Add Printer, select port DOT4_001, click Windows Update and take HP LaserJet 1150 (HP). At the end, type your custom name "HP LaserJet 1010". That's all!
11-05-2011 04:14 AM
I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it did not work for me :-( I am able to print a test page with selecting 'HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5' but when I try to print something from the internet I get the message 'an unknown printing error occurred'. Any ideas?