hp 5550dtn 49.4c06 error (670 Views)
Occasional Visitor
tlp1-tlp1
Message 1 of 4 (670 Views)

hp 5550dtn 49.4c06 error

[ Edited ]

ready- prints-5sheets-49.4co6 error on display.   unp/plug unir in-ready-prints-same code again---again---again

any suggestions appreciated

P.S. This thread has been moevd from HP Service Manager / Service Center Support and News Forum to Laserjets. - HP Forum Moderator

HP Expert
lisajo
Message 2 of 4 (667 Views)

Re: hp 5550dtn 49.4c06 error

Hi

This is the Service Manager forum

I think you want the printer forum located at

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-and-Digital-Imaging/ct-p/bsc-412

Thank you

Lisa

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 3 of 4 (595 Views)

Hello, I would first try disconnecting from the network and powercycling to see if it comes to ready, then I would run internal test prints to see if the error returns. If it does not, then I would try a firmware update to the machine. If the error continues, I would check the que and delete the first job that is being sent, before deleting take note of the print job (word doc, pdf, website) and user. This way you can determine where the problem file came from.

Hope this helps....

Occasional Advisor
Trouble-shooter
Message 4 of 4 (590 Views)

49 error are most considered to be non-hardware issues, so updating firmware to the latest is always a good place to start.  Also disconnect the printer from any network etc,  so its standalone and try printing the printers internal pages to see if the error still appears. If the 49 error only happens when connected to the network etc, then it's highly likely nothing to do with the printer hardware itself.. In which case you would need to start trying different drivers or trying to find out which print job is casuing the failure.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.