h/p 2840 error 54.2 after homing carousel for incorrect yellow (7160 Views)
Occasional Contributor
richard bosquez
Message 1 of 3 (7,160 Views)
Accepted Solution

h/p 2840 error 54.2 after homing carousel for incorrect yellow

hello,i have this unit where the cust. put an incorrect cart. into machine the unit was w/ an error message of incorrect yellow.I got a feed back from here"thx guys"of the procedure to home-position thye carousel by manually moving it by releasing the selenoid and after i did that i ran a supplies status page and it shot out the page with no-prob.then the unit started to calibarate and went to an error( 54.2 - incorrect-yellow)i took the machine
apart an reinstalled everything back w/the yellow looking at me,but still the same error message happens to come up
Question: Is there something else i am missing before parts have to be replaced?,,,thank you ..richard
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 3 (7,160 Views)

Re: h/p 2840 error 54.2 after homing carousel for incorrect yellow

54.2 is a carousel rotation error.could be a number of things.the bearings,carousel drive motor,maybe the engagement sensor.if you can get it to run at all see if you can use the manual to override the scanner and cover switches to watch it in action to see how it is moving.if it turns ,then presses forward,turns,etc.....
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
richard bosquez
Message 3 of 3 (7,160 Views)

Re: h/p 2840 error 54.2 after homing carousel for incorrect yellow

thank you razmat i believe i have a bad rotary motor will post as soon as unit yp and working
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation