firmware upgrade failure 4600dn (92 Views)
Occasional Advisor
TC McConnell
Message 1 of 2 (92 Views)

firmware upgrade failure 4600dn

I posted earlier today asking about a problem with my HP 4600dn laser printer - "strange 4600dn problems.” After extensive research I believe I may found the solution, which is to do a firmware upgrade. After downloading the package and unzipping the rfu file and associated readme txt file, I followed the directions very carefully, but the upgrade failed. My printer gave no sign that an upgrade was being attempted. Now my printer will not print and the old version of the firmware is still intact. I run a Windows XP system. I am not an IT expert, but I am then main man in doing upkeep on the computer system. .
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Joseph Glawson
Message 2 of 2 (92 Views)

Re: firmware upgrade failure 4600dn

How were you trying to upgrade the firmware? Via a laptop, over the network, FTP?? Best way I've found to upgrade the firmware (at least for me anyway) is to use a laptop with a printer cable hooked up to the laptop...Do you remember which version you were trying to upgrade it with? If the printer is still wacked you may need to down grade to the previous version in order for it to be working again...

Joe
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation