dial tone not detected (952 Views)
Occasional Visitor
David Goldstein
Message 1 of 4 (952 Views)

dial tone not detected

Am using a Laserjet 3200 all in one. Have had it for years - never a problem until now. I can't send faxes because it is not detecting a dial tone. I have one line for phone/fax. I've tried plugging phone line into the fax port on the splitter and proved to myself there is indeed a dialtone on both ports of the splitter. I've also tried changing the cord from the splitter to the fax and still no luck. Any ideas on how to get the laserjet to detect the dialtone? Is there a reset I can perform (yes I've tried unplugging and replugging). Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
audrey goldstein
Message 2 of 4 (952 Views)

Re: dial tone not detected

David - I am having PRECISELY the same issue with my all-in-one HP Laserjet 3055. Wondering whether you figured out the issue as have not had much success with tech support. I am almost sure it is a software setting rather than a failed modem. Would love to hear from you. If I figure it out first I will post. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Susan Rahiya
Message 3 of 4 (917 Views)

Did you ever get an answer?  I have a 3150.  No dial tone but there is a dial tone when you connect a phone,  Thank you,

Occasional Visitor
Perry
Message 4 of 4 (864 Views)

Everyone,

I have the same thing.  I've used my Laserjet 3050 for 3 years now as just a printer & scanner, and started using it as a fax just a few days ago.  I set it up fine, it worked for a few days, then something went wrong with the scanner.  I reset the machine to factory defaults, and the scanning problem was fixed, but it started not detecting a dial tone.  Same as you all, there is a dial tone on the line, we can send & receive faxes with another backup unit we used.  Also, it answers inbound calls, but cannot detect a tone when trying to make an outbound call!!  Any ideas?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.