connecting HP LaserJet 1100 (small centronics) with Sweex Print Server PR001 (large centronics) (514 Views)
sjw
Occasional Advisor
sjw
Message 1 of 4 (514 Views)

connecting HP LaserJet 1100 (small centronics) with Sweex Print Server PR001 (large centronics)

Hello,

I need to cennect my HP LaserJet 1100 to a Sweex Print Server PR001.

The HP LaserJet 1100 requires a small (!!) 36-pin male Centronics connector. The Sweex Print Server PR001 is a bigger 36-pin male centronics connector.

Does anyone know:
- if the HP LaserJet 1100 will function properly with a Sweex Parallel Print Server PR001?
- where to order a cable that connects the large print server male with the small LaserJet 1100 female? I couldn't find it yet...

Thanks in advance,

SJW
sjw
Occasional Advisor
sjw
Message 2 of 4 (514 Views)

Re: connecting HP LaserJet 1100 (small centronics) with Sweex Print Server PR001 (large centronics)

Hi,

after looking through some other threads it appears that the mini-centronics causes connection issues with USB converters as well.

It looks as if my solution will be the Centronics To Mini Centronics Adapter (SW-2104) but I couldn't find it on Dutch webshops yet.

If anyone knows where to buy this adapter in The Netherlands, I would be very happy.

Thanks

SJW
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 3 of 4 (514 Views)

Re: connecting HP LaserJet 1100 (small centronics) with Sweex Print Server PR001 (large centronics)

I know the adapter in the link below works when many of them do not. Although in the US the company I believe ships worldwide.

http://sewelldirect.com/USB-to-Mini-Centronics-Combo-Cable-Set.asp
sjw
Occasional Advisor
sjw
Message 4 of 4 (514 Views)

David,

Thanks for your reply.

I expect just the adapter will be sufficient for me because I need to connect with a print server that has a large centronics while the LaserJet 1100 has a mini-centronics.

Therefore I hope the SW-2104 will do it (http://sewelldirect.com/centronicstomini.asp).

Do you know if the LaserJet 1100 will accept connection with a print server anayway?

Thanks again

SJW
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.