change ip address on hp 5500 (7200 Views)
Occasional Visitor
gray gray
Message 1 of 6 (7,200 Views)

change ip address on hp 5500

Hi!
I need to change ip address on our hp5500
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 6 (7,200 Views)

Re: change ip address on hp 5500

if you want to manually configure the IP and other network parameters,you can do it from an embedded web server by typing the current IP in a web browser to access it.otherwise it can be done from the printer's control panel ,going into the EIO menu.can usually be done via web jet admin also.see attachment for control panel methods.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 3 of 6 (7,200 Views)

The easy way if your network uses a router is a cold reset. Just power off the printer and then power back on. When the memory starts to count hold down the check mark button until all 3 lights come on solid. Arrow up to cold reset and hit the check mark button. When the printer comes to ready wait about 1 minutes and then from the information menu print a configuration page which will give a second page with the card settigns. It should have found the next available ip address and then just go into you web browser and type in that address and then go to configruation and makes any changes you wish such as changing to mannual or changing the last digits of the ip address.
Occasional Visitor
Oladiran Adesua
Message 4 of 6 (7,200 Views)

I have once changed the IP address from the front panel but I have forgotten how. Can somebody out there tell me how to do it from the front panel of the printer
Occasional Visitor
Rob Way
Message 5 of 6 (7,200 Views)

I just found instructions online to do this:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpj02807#A2

Pasted here as well incase the link changes:

Configuring TCP/IP on the HP Designjet 5000, 5500, 800, and 500 series printers
NOTE: A delay of approximately 30 seconds may be expected between each step.
From the Front Panel, use the arrow buttons to highlight the printer icon and press ENTER.
Press the Up arrow key until I/O Setup appears. Press ENTER.
Press the Down arrow to Card Setup and press ENTER. Highlight Configuration, and press ENTER.
From the Front Panel message of Cfg Network=No, press ENTER.
Press the Up arrow key to change to Yes. Press ENTER.
Press the Up arrow key until Cfg TCP/IP=No appears. Press ENTER.
Press the Up arrow key to change to Yes. Press ENTER.
Press the Up arrow until BOOTP=Yes appears. Press ENTER.
Press the Up arrow key to change to No. Press ENTER.
NOTE: If BOOTP=Yes, the printer is configured to retrieve its TCP/IP parameters over the network from a BOOTP, RARP, or DHCP server. If BOOTP=NO, the printer is configured to accept TCP/IP parameters from the Front Panel.
On HP Jetdirect print servers with firmware L.20.04 or greater, press the Up arrow key to until DHCP=yes appears. Press ENTER.
Press the Up arrow key to change to No. Press ENTER.
Press the Up arrow key until IP Byte1=xxx appears.
To change the IP byte, proceed as follows:
Press ENTER.
Press the Up or Down arrow key to change the number.
Press ENTER.
Press the Up arrow key to continue to IP Byte2=xxx.
Press ENTER.
Configure the remaining bytes of the IP address in the same manner.
Configure the subnet mask bytes (SM), syslog server IP address (LG), default gateway (GW), and timeout (TIMEOUT) in the same manner.
NOTE: When the HP Jetdirect print server is given a syslog server IP address, it can generate syslog messages and send them to that. If no syslog server is on the network, skip this setting.
The TIMEOUT parameter default is 90 seconds. Up to 3,600 seconds can be configured. If set to "0," the timeout feature of the HP Jetdirect print server is disabled -- TCP/IP connections will remain open until closed by the server.
To save this information:
Designjet 5000: Press the BACK button three times, then press the TOP button to save the configuration.
Designjet 500 and 800: Press the BACK button four times and wait until the Ready message is displayed.
Turn the printer off, then turn it on to refresh the new settings.
Occasional Visitor
doncroy
Message 6 of 6 (4,901 Views)

You are my saviour! I bought a used 5500dn and could not figure out how to get it running for the longest time. After reading your suggestion on resetting the IP with a 'cold start', I had it up and running in 10 minutes. Thanks for contributing... You saved my day!

Don

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.