Re: Wrong page order with Universal PCL 5 driver (434 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Stephen Ott
Message 1 of 4 (501 Views)

Wrong page order with Universal PCL 5 driver

I recently updated some Laserjet 4200/4250 printers to version 5.7 of the Universal PCL 5 driver. Some workstations stopped being able to print, and updating the driver fixed that issue. But we have found that the page order on the printers is not working correctly. Under the Advanced settings for the printer, Page Order is set to "Front to Back". But print jobs come out back to front (so the first page is the last page printed). If we flip the page order to "Back to Front", the jobs come out correctly. But I don't want to do that on every computer at the office (and possibly confuse users).

Is this a bug? I tried the PCL 6 driver but got a PCL error when I printed. So I don't even want to try that. 

Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 2 of 4 (481 Views)

Re: Wrong page order with Universal PCL 5 driver

Hello, sounds like there is a driver conflict somewhere, how many of these machines do you have? And is the firmware up-to-date on these machines? Although, I am almost sure this is a driver issue, are these printers networked through a print server? I am wondering if the driver was changed over the network, it might be causing the conflict locally when the users try to print. In other words, the driver was updated on the network, but not on the user's side.

Hope this helps.....

Occasional Contributor
Stephen Ott
Message 3 of 4 (464 Views)

We have 10 Laserjets using the universal driver. They all print through a Windows print server. It shows that the driver has been updated on the client. I'm also certain it's a driver issue, as it works when I downgrage to version 5.2 of the driver.

Occasional Contributor
Stephen Ott
Message 4 of 4 (434 Views)

I have rolled out the 5.7 version of the Universal Print Driver and more than one printer has this page order issue. I've tried creating new printers on the print server but it appears to be a driver issue. Since these are older printers, I have no way to notify HP about this issue.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.